Gecko question..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellie

Reaction score
hello children,

Today I got back from my second trip from Dubbo zoo (and for those who live in the area...that was insane weather yesterday afternoon!) and at the gift shop I bought a small book on reptiles in Australia that's quite interesting and they had a kind of gecko in it called the 'Chamleon Gecko' (it's other common name is the 'carrot-tailed gecko' and the scientific name for it is Carphodactylus laevis) and I was just wondering if they can be bought for private collection? Because having a quick skim of the website, they havn't really been mentioned, so I was just curious about them.

Any other information would be welcome too:D

is this it?

firewater%20albino%202.jpg

it looks like it...it says in the book that it's body is thin and flattened from the sides with its spine raised like a ridge and that the tail is darker then the body.

My main reason for asking is that in the book it says it's common to Australia, yet there's little mention of it here...I'll continue my searches! and help is still welcome:D

i thought they were just a morph of the leopard gecko. but i'm not 100%

Chameleon Geckoes (Carphodactylus laevis) arn't really available as yet, you would be better just getting a thicktail / Barking Gecko (U. milii), as they are pretty much the same thing to a novice keeper

thanks all! I wasn't really looking in keeping one (not yet anyway) but they were just very eyecatching and I wanted to find out more. and since I have quite a love for chameleon's but you can't get them here, a gecko one would be just as good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back