Generation disrespectful?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly why I do my shopping at either 6am when the terrors are still fast asleep or at 8:30 at night when the tiny terrors are home getting fed and the older terrors have run out of people to shock and head somewhere else like maccas

It not the Law thats making kids disrespectful is teachers.
They think that because they have a job for life they can do anything.
They also think that because they are a teacher they can do anything to you and you should respect them no matter what.
Some teachers are decent people and respect the kids, and those are the good teachers that kids respect and ones that they will obey.
Some teachers see kids as money in their pocket and don't care about anything, they dont respect us and because of that, we dont respect them.
Because they dont respect us and we are exposed to a great lack of respect we are taught that respect doesn't matter.

Will

are you serious? you clearly have no idea what the real world is like, my partner is a teacher and has been for over 11 years now.
For teachers it's not your pathetic 7.5 hrs per day......average work time for a teacher is 7:30am - 4:30/5:00pm this is average some do longer days for a NORMAL day then you add in things like marking/grading, reports, parent teacher nights mean I will eat alone and fall asleep waiting for my partner to come home. thats just naming a few things they have to do outside the paid standard 8hr day (meaning no pay for everything taking longer than 8hrs) teachers are not there to teach you manners or respect that's your parents job, teachers are to teach students about what ever subjects they are teaching it's called education for a reason, your parents are the ones responsible for RAISING children which includes manners and respect.

attitudes like this is one of the biggest dam problems and it really p##### me off

I will never ever ever forget changing my shopping times on a Friday because of 2 particular out of control Children in my local supermarket, I had no idea who they were at the time. They wound up being my Step Children :shock: needless to say there were a lot of changes in our home ;) and I wore the "wicked" step Mother badge with pride :p I never laid a hand on them, I was consistent and there were direct consequences it was up to them if they were good or bad ones lol I did not even entertain the idea of getting back up/or support off their Mother. It was a simple matter of Our Home Our boundaries, it was not smooth sailing by any means but even now I get absolute respect and good manners from those now young Adults where their own parents dont.....

Why are they acting out solve that problem and there's no need for discipline. It's a bit of a joke that people still think hitting something to make it do what u want is ok

there's no need for discipline? really now? and you wonder why younger kids today are acting out in such disrespectful and horrid behaviours. It's not hitting something to make "it" do what you want, but rather a form of discipline, each action has an appropriate reaction, cause and effect, and i do emphasise on APPROPRIATE. Yes personally i believe a good whack has it's places in a child's normal growth. What used to be a minority (i do believe way back when not disciplining your child could correlate to bad parenting, and phys. punishment is still practiced in most other countries, such as in Asia)

the issue is when you blow out of proportion specific scenarios which involves abuse, fueling the media, and ends up with propaganda with stopping so called "abuse" where in reality is really discipline. Now the minority has become the majority, and notice how now with this change more and more people are complaining on the younger generation's etiquette. It's pick one or the other people, cause and effect.

also notice how now everyone is up on everyone elses business, as if parents are incompetent and have to be told instructions on how to raise their own child. I genuinely feel fear of having children in the future if this trend continues on for the worse.

Parents should have TASERS!

good ol dad has a hunting rifle and a katana if that helps :lol:

Last edited:
good ol dad has a hunting rifle and a katana if that helps :lol:[/QUOTE]

No thanks, dads leather belt and mums wooden spoons were enough haha! And I turned out ok and I definitely don't think that's child abuse - it's bloody discipline. I was smart enough not to test if they'd use them a second time haha!

Some of the do-gooders need a good dose of reality. Take a step back and watch the animal kingdom. I can't think of a single warm blooded animal that doesn't set limits for its young. Ever watched a dog and her pups when they all start getting a little too bold ? Even tigers reprimand their young, so do birds. The main difference is that they don't hold a grudge. The parental reaction fits the youngsters unwanted action and when the youngster has been suitably put on the right path it's back to business as usual. No dragging up what they've done wrong a thousand times before. Just a swift reprimand for the current 'wrong doing' and they're consistent. If they do the same wrong thing again, they get immediately told off..... Not half an hour later when no one can see them, it's right there and then, and there is usually a warning prior to the final deliverance.

All creatures big and small have structure and acceptable social etiquette (even ants!) why do these do gooders think that we are so superior that we don't need theses rules ......?.? Where do they think the term 'alpha' male/ female came from !

I really do think the biggest thing here is the law and/or society in general.
In most cases it favours the person in the wrong. Or they end up rewarded somehow and get all the attention.
Kids these days know they can get away with murder and pretty much nothing will come of it. Or they know if they keep pushing the envelope they will end up being rewarded in an ironic sort of way.
Yet if a teacher or you or whoever it may be tries to do something about it they turn the law back on you or go home and have a whinge to mummy and daddy... Who then go down to the school (or wherever it may be) and jump down the teachers (Or whoever it may be) throat.
Things seriously need to change.

Last edited:
I have never laid a finger on my children and they are the not disrespectful at all. You smack your child because you have lost control but i got smacked when I was young and it didn't do me any harm but it didn't do me any good either!
there's no need for discipline? really now? and you wonder why younger kids today are acting out in such disrespectful and horrid behaviours. It's not hitting something to make "it" do what you want, but rather a form of discipline, each action has an appropriate reaction, cause and effect, and i do emphasise on APPROPRIATE. Yes personally i believe a good whack has it's places in a child's normal growth. What used to be a minority (i do believe way back when not disciplining your child could correlate to bad parenting, and phys. punishment is still practiced in most other countries, such as in Asia)

the issue is when you blow out of proportion specific scenarios which involves abuse, fueling the media, and ends up with propaganda with stopping so called "abuse" where in reality is really discipline. Now the minority has become the majority, and notice how now with this change more and more people are complaining on the younger generation's etiquette. It's pick one or the other people, cause and effect.

also notice how now everyone is up on everyone elses business, as if parents are incompetent and have to be told instructions on how to raise their own child. I genuinely feel fear of having children in the future if this trend continues on for the worse.

good ol dad has a hunting rifle and a katana if that helps :lol:

How can you expect you child to show respect when you can't respect them? If someone hit you would you respect them? But some people don't get it, it takes higher intelligence to teach your children how to respect others and be well behaved.

Last edited:
I have never laid a finger on my children and they are the not disrespectful at all. You smack your child because you have lost control but i got smacked when I was young and it didn't do me any harm but it didn't do me any good either!

How can you expect you child to show respect when you can't respect them? If someone hit you would you respect them? But some people don't get it, it takes higher intelligence to teach your children how to respect others and be well behaved.
I truly believe that there are so many variables eg; consistency of consequence/punishment, personality of child/parent, home environment etc in essence what works for some children/ families etc may not work for others. Parenting is a very hard task, I have also found it difficult at times with my Children because of the influence of "other" less monitored/disciplined Children. We can only do our best at the end of the day we ALL make mistakes and we ALL have successes as parents :) Generally I do not raise a hand to my Daughter, I dont need to. On the very rare occasion if all else has failed and she needs a "wake"up she gets a quick smack on the bottom it is just enough to startle her into engaging her ears and brain to "take notice" lol My Son on the other Hand was a completely different Child, sometimes it took quite a decent smack to get his "attention" I tried the same methods for both Children, he however had a different personality so required slightly different parenting methods. My point is, there are no hard and fast rules or solutions, we just do our best(most of us)

****ers, hitting makes you realise that if you can get through the violence you can get through anything. It makes you meaner, less respectful and violent as is proved by the mental state of most of the sociopaths who post in this thread. Whiney bitches, get out of my way.

Yep everyone I know must be a sociopath-QUICK CALL THE POLICE!. And smacking your child doesn't mean you have "lost control" what a load of *******. Kids need dicipline, if talking to them and explaining to them what is wrong and they still don't understand and choose to misbehave for what ever reason then a smack on the bottom lets them know who is in charge...as Jaxrtfm said, Alpha Male and Female. Children are there to be guided by their parrents, as it was said earlier too many parents these days are treating their children as friends when they should also be there as their parents. I don't always listen to my mates, but my parents are my parents and i listen to them.
Its important for children to understand the difference. My mum is a teacher and the amount of undiciplined children that are coming to school these days is wrong. And she has been a teacher for several decades so she knows her *******, she has seen the change in children and behaviour patterns and the situation is getting worse as there is less dicipline for children.

I'll throw this point out there..............some might agree, others perhaps will not,

has anyone else noticed the increased occurrence of things such as glassings in pubs and clubs reported in the media?

I don't know about you, but to me this correlates pretty well to the generation where parents stopped smacking their kids. perhaps a lack of understanding of the consequences of their actions, or perhaps nothing to do with it, what do you think?

I'll throw this point out there..............some might agree, others perhaps will not,

has anyone else noticed the increased occurrence of things such as glassings in pubs and clubs reported in the media?

I don't know about you, but to me this correlates pretty well to the generation where parents stopped smacking their kids. perhaps a lack of understanding of the consequences of their actions, or perhaps nothing to do with it, what do you think?

I absolutely agree. Two Girlfriends of mine got glasses on Friday night by two guys who decided they'd do it because they felt like it. One friend got glassed on the side of her head which missed her temple by 2mm, and the other got glassed on the head and punched in the face - she has missing teeth that will cost thousands to replace and she's had to call off her 21st party. And these were guys about the same age. This stuff is happening way too often...

Glassed* cheers autocorrect you useless piece of poo.

And the youngest terd I've seen was an eleven year old kid who was punching in a shop window yelling 'I need weed,' with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. An eleven year old, walking around town with a bunch of 'gang' members on a Friday night, needing weed? So sad.

Last edited:
It is amazing how many people who copped a good belting say it didn't do them any harm but when you get to know them they have all sorts of issues. Trust issues, anger issues, possessiveness, clinginess, drinking, violence the list goes on. Children today are no more or less disrespectful than they ever were. It is just human nature to always notice the bad things. When I was young it was the kids that adults thought were little angels that got up to everything when no one was looking. They were the school bullies, the gossipy hurtful girls, the shop lifters, the truants, the drinkers, the drug takers. They knew how to play the game though and all the adults thought they were well behaved, respectful children. As for parent first, friend later, I took the opposite approach with my kids, probably because I am a softy. My kids are extremely respectful and they also know they can trust me and tell me anything. They also know how to relate to a wide age group. The parents first attitude just leads to the dreaded generation gap and then people wonder why their kids don't tell them anything and they are so shocked when they find out their perfect child actually has real problems. Children, like anyone, need to feel they have a voice and people will listen and not write them off because of their age. I have seen it happen to young people on this forum, people treat them like they could not possibly know anything because they are young. How a child acts out of fear and how they act when their parents are not around are two completely different things. I think Gordos post pretty much sums up the back in my day attitude people seem to have. Guess what, it was no better or worse back in your day or my day or anyone elses day. There have always been good kids and there have always been ratbags, one thing I will say though, kids these days on a whole are a lot more tolerant and less judgemental than they were when I went to school.

It is amazing how many people who copped a good belting say it didn't do them any harm but when you get to know them they have all sorts of issues. Trust issues, anger issues, possessiveness, clinginess, drinking, violence the list goes on. Children today are no more or less disrespectful than they ever were. It is just human nature to always notice the bad things. When I was young it was the kids that adults thought were little angels that got up to everything when no one was looking. They were the school bullies, the gossipy hurtful girls, the shop lifters, the truants, the drinkers, the drug takers. They knew how to play the game though and all the adults thought they were well behaved, respectful children. As for parent first, friend later, I took the opposite approach with my kids, probably because I am a softy. My kids are extremely respectful and they also know they can trust me and tell me anything. They also know how to relate to a wide age group. The parents first attitude just leads to the dreaded generation gap and then people wonder why their kids don't tell them anything and they are so shocked when they find out their perfect child actually has real problems. Children, like anyone, need to feel they have a voice and people will listen and not write them off because of their age. I have seen it happen to young people on this forum, people treat them like they could not possibly know anything because they are young. How a child acts out of fear and how they act when their parents are not around are two completely different things. I think Gordos post pretty much sums up the back in my day attitude people seem to have. Guess what, it was no better or worse back in your day or my day or anyone elses day. There have always been good kids and there have always been ratbags, one thing I will say though, kids these days on a whole are a lot more tolerant and less judgemental than they were when I went to school.

All of my 'issues' were caused by diet. Took my Inlaws advice and cut out caffeine, most sugars, all preservatives (except the odd treat) and eat mostly raw and organic foods and now I have no 'issues.' Drinking on the other hand I personally see as a cultural and social thing here.

It is amazing how many people who copped a good belting say it didn't do them any harm but when you get to know them they have all sorts of issues.

There is a difference between a smack and CHILD ABUSE, and that is what we are saying, A diciplined smack is required, Child abuse is not! I am not an Alcohol, Nore do I have Anger issues, Nore do I have Trust issues, I am not Clingy. I received smacks when they were required. My child is the same and in comparison to my partners friends that have kids (that don't get smacked) jesus christ they are ********'s. We have had kids over that have pulled out toys, thrown them across the room, made a mess, snatched food from my daughter, climbed on the tv cabinet, smacked the tv with a toy, jumped on our lap top etc etc the list goes on-this was over a period of many visits by different children, but these children did not receive smacks, if my Daughter does this she receives a firm warning and if she continues a smack (which DOES NOT HURT-its shocks them and makes them realise what they are doing is wrong) is given and from then on its "hey maybe what I was doing was wrong, fair enough, all good". And I don't have any issues!
I am a parent that allows my child to do things, I will not restrict them in doing or chasing their dreams (and in turn earning trust and allowing them to talk to my wife and I comfortably) I just believe that children need to understand who is in charge... Until they reach a more mature age (teenagers) then they are children and need the Guidence of a Parent more so then a friend. Out of all my friends the ones that were diciplined have turned out the best, the others are still...well the same except older!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back