Green tree snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I am just curious and feeling lazy so I can't be bothered finding out for myself, does anyone have any experience with tree snakes? Are they easy to look after and are they handleable? When i say easy, i mean like a coastal or childrens or whatever.

I have one.
She is my favourite snake.
They are very easy to look after.I feed mine on goldfish which is fun to watch.
They are totally different to handle from a python.My little girl is about 70cm but very slender,so you have to be careful.They are amazingly quick and you gotta pay attention while you handle them.
Of course they have no fangs and no venom (completely harmless),she is the only one of my snakes that has actually bitten me.It's like getting nipped by an angry lizard.
My girl is green with a lot of blue in her.I am wondering (I'm serious too),if I mate her with a golden phase...would the combination of green and yellow produce some blue offspring.I'm thinking Paul may be the only one who might be in a position to answer that one.

Greebs

8) I had one living in my roof when I lived in Terrey Hills - prety awsome looking head and like you say really agile. Have you posted any photos of her.

I have an upside down photo of her mother.
I need a faster shutter speed to get a clear picture of her. :lol:
I'm trying to get a picture of her with a goldfish half way down her throat.

I have seen one greebo and I know what you mean, they are DAMN fast. Does yours try to get away at all? That would be my major concern!

Sometimes when I open the enclosure she takes off like a rocket.That's the tricky part..,trying not to hurt her.
After a while she will settle down on my arm.
Then it's always a wrestling match to get her back in the enclosure.
She also does a cute 'cobra' impression.She will raise the front half of her body up so it is vertical and her head will be at 90 degrees.She just swivels her head around and checks out the view.

:)

Wow! I'd love to see some photos of that action! Any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back