• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hatchie Setup's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all i have made a hatchie setup for an aps member who said it was great and good value for money so i have decided to make them for anyone who want's one.
Included in the pack will be

Heat mat
probe thermostat
dual temp thermometer
Plastic click clack
hide cave (brand and design subject to availability)
waterbowl (brand and design subject to availability)
hook
climbing branches
and all air holes pre drilled
all the equipment is of the best quality all heating equipment is microclimate
i am willing to post australia wide as it will be included in the price which is going to be set at $320 for people in nsw, qld,act and vic and $350 for every other state if your interested feel free to pm me reply on this thread or call me on 0403422033.

Super helpful and a great end product :) Saved me a lot of worrying and Savanna, my 8 month old MD, LOVES the setup, i will try and post some decent ones of her in her enclosure.

Money very well spent IMHO

Ian McNelley

Hi, sorry to rain on the parade but a hatchy will escape from that tub with extreme ease. Put the lid on and have a look at the gap either side of the handle (underneath) - I know because i have one of those tub myself. I use it for temporary housing of adult jungles and sub-adult bredli and wouldn't dream of putting a hatchling of any species in it for any amount of time.

i have housed hatchie's in this still for over a year now and have never had one escapee but it is a valid point and if the person wanting one would like to change the tub style i am more than happy to i just feel there isnt enough help out there for beginner's out there to set up a good hatchie enclosure hence the reason why i have decided to do so.

Mate just throw a set of these in there 10 bucks at bunnings!
They will hold the lid on so tight nothing will be escaping!!!!
Great idea bye the way...... :mrgreen:

MrBredli said:
Hi, sorry to rain on the parade but a hatchy will escape from that tub with extreme ease.

I have a hatchling in that exact tub and she has explored the better part of the roof and she has never escaped... It works perfectly for me :)

Simple fact is there is a large gap which would allow escape for a snake that is small enough. Rule number one when selecting/constructing a cage is make sure it is escape proof. That tub is not escape proof so why would you take the risk? You'll be kicking yourself the day your hatchling escapes.

I had an escape from a similar style tub. I fould the problem was the lids have ribs running across the sealing grove which leave a large enough gap for a hatchy to do the Harold Holt. Problem solved by running a length of self adhesive foam, available from Bunnings for a couple of bucks a metre, around the lip of the tub.

that's fine if everyone want's to claim hatchie's will excape from this excact tub but you have oviously not shut the lid properly i have had hatchie's in them for over a year and have never had an escapee before NRE-808 has his hatchie in one and his hasnt escaped and it has been over the tub looking for a way out and hasnt been able to yet, so imsted of making out as if the tub's i have are no good on a public forum why cant people pm me and a make a selection because thank's to all who have commented no one will be interested in them and i may as well forget the idea of trying to help people..

Thank's to all who have wrecked the idea of helping people especially mrbredli

What are you whinging about, I thought you said you were going to use a different tub - problem solved? :roll:

because there is no need to use a different tub i examined one of mine and it's impossible to get out i have the three different sizes at home and not one of them has a gap large enough to escape out of.

Excellent, then you'll be happy to refund people the cost of their python if/when it escapes right?

no because there will be no reason to refund any money as there is no problem with the tub

So you will not reimburse anyone for the cost of their python should it escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back