• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hatchie Setup's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NRE-808 said:
MrBredli said:
Hi, sorry to rain on the parade but a hatchy will escape from that tub with extreme ease.

I have a hatchling in that exact tub and she has explored the better part of the roof and she has never escaped... It works perfectly for me :)

Smae here, had a 6 month old childreni escape from one of those tubs. Luckily he took refuge in a nearby box and was easy to find.

Childreni is a damn tiny snake as a hatchie maybe scotchbo should use a dif container for smaller species of snakes???

For $35 or less someone could buy a click clack container(4 side clamping one) and a 4m 15W heatcord a whole newspaper and a few plastic containers or boxes for water and hides. It might cost more if you use cardboard six pack holders or ciggy packs for the hide but atleast you get free beer or smokes.

go to the herpshop(or someone who will beat/match the price if you can find them) for the heat cord.
woolies/safeway for the click clack
go to the newsagent for the paper or just use a free one the snakes cant tell the differance(trust me).
The remaining $300+ or so you save can be sent to me pm for details :lol:

It WAS a good idea, it seem people on this site are very good at putting people off. Flame suit should be put in the T&C's when joining up.

I use those tubs scotchbo uses. Throw some scrunched newspaper in at the ends within the lid and your fine. Their cheap to. $4 for an 18 litre when their on special at safeway. Better than paying $20 or so for a click clack. And if you have a rack system containing 40 or so tubs. You save a bit of $$$. Their also good because they vary in sizes. 28l, 44l, 60l, 110l, 140l. (without the wheels.) So they stay nice and close to the heat mat.

Cheers. Lance.

MrBredli said:
A good idea would be to have an escape proof tub...

Dont you think you have made your point already? Or do u feel that you need to keep going on and on and on about it.

A good idea would be to turn off the broken record.

Perhaps, and it was said that if the person who ordered one wanted a different tub, they could have. However, It seems now no one would want to after the beating it took. Once again a good idea thwarted on APS.

Bravo

Perhaps, and it was said that if the person who ordered one wanted a different tub, they could have.

Yes it was, so what's the problem? I don't think the problem is whether or not the tub supplied would be escape proof, as an alternative tub was offered. I think the reason there is no interest is due to the exorbitant price. A low wattage heat pad from the herp shop plus a tub & water bowl from big w is all that is required to house a hatchy. Grand total = well under $100...

id like to see you buy a microclimate heat mat, microclimate thermostat, a dual location thermostat, a decent tub (like what i use) a hook, perche's and freight it australia wide for $100 mrbredli all your trouble is you sit infront of your pc all day looking for people with good idea's and then wonder why people go off you must enjoy crushing new and fresh idea's

Fair point, however with all that was included in the pack, plus postage costs. It didnt come to much less than that. The thermostat and thermometer being the most expensive items. I guess some people feel they dont need them; on the other hand, some do.

Scotchbo, you would do well working in a pet shop :)

Tripytych_angel, if you use a low wattage heat pad from the herp shop you do not require a thermostat, providing that the room the tub is kept in his not subject to temperature extremes.

Don't get me wrong, selling complete setups for hatchies is not a bad idea, in fact i've been contemplating doing it myself - good on you for giving it a go. But fact of the matter is that for $350 you can buy a complete setup plus a hatchy and still have enough change for a carton of beer!

But fact of the matter is that for $350 you can buy a complete setup plus a hatchy and still have enough change for a carton of beer!
If you go by my method the beer is free :lol:

i use a 20watt heat cord with my carpet and i need no thermostat, my setup for my 2yr old cost mayb $30-$40, cant remember how much the heat cord was but the escape proof click-clak was only like $5

The comments I made were merely suggestions to ensure the was escape proof. It was not intended to offend or criticise the initiative taken by Scotchbo.

Maybe a PM would have been a better option however, I thought that seeing this was an open forum suggestions and opinions were welcome.

I have learned a lot from reading constructive comments throughout the threads that have been posted on this site and no doubt a number of other people are in the same boat.

Best of luck with the tubs, as I said they are a great idea.

i think its good you said it publicly this way if someone does buy one they can make sure its escape proof before they put their snake in it

Scotchbo, you would do well working in a pet shop
Sorry but i agree!!! Have you even bothered to check the actual rrp on these items??? a microclimate ministat100 is $80. MAX.....
How and y u ask? wel i just bought a ministat300 for $100..... NEW!! from a rip off pet shop!!
Although there maybe a dramatic price difference between our pet shops???
Mate i think it is a great idea and you whould clean up! if you had resonale!? price$.......
My whole set up including lights was $300.
Just MO dont wanna cause problems......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back