help(cranky beardie)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondslady

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi ,
i just went in to say hi to my beardies and offer them some woodies, and when i got my male off of his branch he got really cranky and wouldn't eat like he usually does he puffed his beard out like nothing else and all his spikes came out and he puffed his body right out and made him self look twice the size and had his mouth wide open like he wanted to bite me?? why is he doing this?? he has never behaved like this before it is actually quite scary looking his beard was all black underneath,the female is fine just him??? have i done somehting wrong(LOL)...i don't think i have...he ate a pinkie about 1-2 weeks ago.did that make him savage?????? :eek:

I can't really talk from experience, having never kept beardies, but perhaps you just caught him on an off day? I know there's days when my herps just don't want to be disturbed, even when they're not going through a shed cycle. Humans can get like that too! :wink:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the pinkie you gave him. Just give him some space, and he'll probly chill out. :)

I would say he was probably a bit peeved that you disturbed him... Like Vat said he could be about to start shedding or just feeling a bit grumpy.

My male has done this a couple of times that I've seen, but my female is always cool calm and collected. I think its just their behavioural trait I don't think it has much to do with feeding them pinkies.

Nup this sort of behaviour is just not on...
It might be time to don the glove lol :lol:
I'd say he just woke up on the wrong side of hes branch.

my beardies have done this a couple of times and i have come to the conclusion that i have either caught them by surprise or they are tired.if this is the case just pick it up and it will calm down as soon as it is in your hands.

One of my Barb's did this to me yesterday. Way cool, the little fella's are growing up. Starting to get some charracter, they'll actually be worth all the effort soon. :D

my males usually do this around mating season or when they spot their girlies in a far off tank
cheers

diamondslady said:
hi ,
i just went in to say hi to my beardies and offer them some woodies, and when i got my male off of his branch he got really cranky and wouldn't eat like he usually does he puffed his beard out like nothing else and all his spikes came out and he puffed his body right out and made him self look twice the size and had his mouth wide open like he wanted to bite me?? why is he doing this?? he has never behaved like this before it is actually quite scary looking his beard was all black underneath,the female is fine just him??? have i done somehting wrong(LOL)...i don't think i have...he ate a pinkie about 1-2 weeks ago.did that make him savage?????? :eek:

I find that my red phase vitties are crankier than the others, don't know why. I wouldn't to be worried they can't do much damage.
Shedding beardies shouldn't be any more agro than normal it doesn't effect them like snakes. How old are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back