Angle headed dragon solitary?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robman

Reaction score
Hello all. I have 2 angle headeds, they were babies wheb i got them in Jan 2023.
One was always a lil slow, he didnt sit up nice and proud like the other, never ate as much, is extremely docile and often has his eyes closed. He is not being bullied by the other. Both the reptile shop and vet have checked him over and checked all my husbandry parameters which are ok.

My question is this.....if he does not survive, is it ok to keep the other one as a solitary animal or is that contrary to his health? If so, I will def get another but also happy not to if there is no detriment to him.

Thanks y'all, Robman

In addition, the reason i ask and why i went to the vet is because he is constantly decreasing his eating. The other one loves his food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all. I have 2 angle headeds, they were babies wheb i got them in Jan 2023.
One was always a lil slow, he didnt sit up nice and proud like the other, never ate as much, is extremely docile and often has his eyes closed. He is not being bullied by the other. Both the reptile shop and vet have checked him over and checked all my husbandry parameters which are ok.

My question is this.....if he does not survive, is it ok to keep the other one as a solitary animal or is that contrary to his health? If so, I will def get another but also happy not to if there is no detriment to him.

Thanks y'all, Robman

In addition, the reason i ask and why i went to the vet is because he is constantly decreasing his eating. The other one loves his food.
There's no real need to keep them together, the bulk of their time in the wild is spent doing their own thing, except during breeding. Males will actively chase other males out of their "territory ".
It actually might be an idea to seperate your two, Ive noticed with Boyd's and ahd's if one is particularly boisterous the tankmate will tend to keep a low profile and sulk

There's no real need to keep them together, the bulk of their time in the wild is spent doing their own thing, except during breeding. Males will actively chase other males out of their "territory ".
It actually might be an idea to seperate your two, Ive noticed with Boyd's and ahd's if one is particularly boisterous the tankmate will tend to keep a low profile and sulk
Thank you for the tip. If so, I wonder if the reason it's getting worse is because they are getting older. Many reptiles and fish can be kept together as babies but not after maturing i suppose.

even if you don't see domination , it does happen. 1 will always be the Alpha.They don't even have to be the same species to fight,my male dwarf beardy can see a male central netted and always wants to have a go
I have several dragons and monitors and even my chickens have a pecking order.
Separate them and see if the mild one thrives, make sure they can't see each other.
Anyway it doesn't matter if you only have 1 dragon on it's own because they are solitary creatures, only coming together to mate or fight for territory. Reptiles don't need friends

even if you don't see domination , it does happen. 1 will always be the Alpha.They don't even have to be the same species to fight,my male dwarf beardy can see a male central netted and always wants to have a go
I have several dragons and monitors and even my chickens have a pecking order.
Separate them and see if the mild one thrives, make sure they can't see each other.
Anyway it doesn't matter if you only have 1 dragon on it's own because they are solitary creatures, only coming together to mate or fight for territory. Reptiles don't need friends
And thanking you too đź‘Ť

Back