HELP!!! i just found a baby magpie, fallen from his nest!!!i

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to have to play the patience game lol

I used to see indian myna's all over the place a couple of years ago, this year ive probably only seen 5ish at the most.

Going to have to play the patience game lol

I used to see indian myna's all over the place a couple of years ago, this year ive probably only seen 5ish at the most.

Heaps of indian mynas here in sydney west ,dam things take over, if i had an air rifle these days i would snot plenty.
Have native mynors, rainbow lorrikeets and butcher birds still ,probably because they are aggressive.
Hope the bird is alright jedi, good work !

Heaps of indian mynas here in sydney west ,dam things take over, if i had an air rifle these days i would snot plenty.
Have native mynors, rainbow lorrikeets and butcher birds still ,probably because they are aggressive.

Slug gun works fine ( spring operated to )

We moved here about 6 months ago from Toongabbie, and we used to only ever see Indian Mynahs. love living here and actually see some natives,.

Mr wong is doing great, his mum and dad didnt come back though so I am still waiting to hear back from WIRES.

I used to watch and feed the little house sparrow's aswell, even tho they arn't native i still liked watching them but they too have disappeared and i havnt seen one in a long time. Are they classed as a pest?

Has Mr wong been making calls? i highly doubt that his parents are gonna come back for him, are there any other carers near ur location that u could try and contact?

i would love to look after him myself, but as i am not licensed to do so, its not an option. but i think i may have found my calling and may have to do whatever is necessary to become a carer.

It is great fun! PM me if you wanna know how to go about it, but Im in Victoria so it might be different if you are in a different state

No calls whatsoever. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't get back to his family.

Still havent heard back from WIRES and the other place i contacted weren't interested. if WIRES don't get back to me tonight, ill take him to the vets tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

It is great fun! PM me if you wanna know how to go about it, but Im in Victoria so it might be different if you are in a different state

thanks Shell :)

- - - Updated - - -

Naw, WIRES have been in contact and they are coming to get Mr Wong. :(

At least u will know he's in safe hands and one day will be released back into the wild.
Im sure Mr wong will thankyou. :)

Id be calling wires. I used to raise wild life with my mum. (She was a licenced). He looks like he could be a carrawong, but he does have the Magpie whiskers. With out seeing him in person, I cant tell from those pics.

There are wild bird formulas that you can get from pet shops and normally your local vet, If you need to get water and food into him, this is your best bet.

I have raised heaps of birds from chicks.

Good luck with it, If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

Id be calling wires. I used to raise wild life with my mum. (She was a licenced). He looks like he could be a carrawong, but he does have the Magpie whiskers. With out seeing him in person, I cant tell from those pics.

There are wild bird formulas that you can get from pet shops and normally your local vet, If you need to get water and food into him, this is your best bet.

I have raised heaps of birds from chicks.

Good luck with it, If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

Im assuming u haven't read the whole thread ;)

Mr Wong is now in WIRES hands. The carer was very impressed with all that i had done for him so thank you all for your help! i don't know what i would've done otherwise!

oh, and don't tell hubby, but I have asked them to email me with details on how to become a carer.

I'm pretty sure you can legally toss it back into the local park for the feral cats to chew on...but trying to keep it safe, warm and dry..OMG, you're breaking the LAW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh damn, I got into this thread too late :D

I'm pretty sure you can legally toss it back into the local park for the feral cats to chew on...but trying to keep it safe, warm and dry..OMG, you're breaking the LAW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh damn, I got into this thread too late :D

LOL, I know.... ridiculous hey....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back