herping at upper lansdowne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well i went to dylans ( friend from school who is interested in reptiles) for 3 days and his area is loaded with snakes
icon_biggrin.gif
and by loaded i mean loaded :eek:
icon_eek.gif
we saw 19 snakes in 3 days. they are everywere. here is what i saw each day and yes i have plenty of photos which i will upload

day 1

1 yellow faced whip snake
3 marsh snakes
1 brown snake
4 eastern small eyed snake

we also went that night and found

2 marsh snakes
3 eastern small eyed snake

day 2
1 yellow faced whip snakes - which was the same 1 as the day before which was dead due to being really thin and also because his hide flooded and he was to week to get away.
1 eastern small eyed snake
1 marsh snake
1 eastern blue tongued skink
murrays skinks
water dragons

day 3
1 eastern small eyed snake
1 marsh snake
water dragons
murrays skinks
water skinks
long necked turtle

we got photos off everything apart from the brown snake and the murrays skinks and all the smaller skink species we saw

please enjoy

Last edited:
Well done mate. if only I had I place up here like that:cry:

Wow, that's awesome! None of my friends are that into herps - or bushwalking for that matter, and I'm not about to go searching my local area alone (too many browns). It must have been pretty cool to find so many.

I only know about pythons, so I will have to ask: what's that nifty snake with the dark body and pale brown head called?

Very cool Ryan , especially the Swamp/Marsh snake.

wow some nice pictures, i live in hornsby and have seen one snake. i have lived here for 16 years.

Good to see Ryan!
Nice to see a young'n with a healthy passion and that you know your species.
How did you find the temperaments of the ones you saw?
Again, well done :)

HI BOYS, great pics i live near you fellas! thought you would of found a few intergrade carpets in your herping trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back