How to build outdoor enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueys

Reaction score
Hey
I need to know the eaisest and cheapest way and what i need to build an outdoor enclosure for blueys and maybe eastern water dragons
Thanks

I put together an outdoor pit with some old sheets of iron, some long star pegs and lengths of timber, a few tech screws and all was good. Didn't end up cost me a cent. Not the prettiest pit around but eh who cares. Another option that I am trying to do is the plastic fruit bins farmers use. Sometimes you can get them for $50, but they can also get to $200. Just got to keep your eyes open and find them. They aren't the biggest, but if you only have a couple of skinks or small dragons would be good. I'm going to set some up for elapids.

I put together an outdoor pit with some old sheets of iron, some long star pegs and lengths of timber, a few tech screws and all was good. Didn't end up cost me a cent. Not the prettiest pit around but eh who cares. Another option that I am trying to do is the plastic fruit bins farmers use. Sometimes you can get them for $50, but they can also get to $200. Just got to keep your eyes open and find them. They aren't the biggest, but if you only have a couple of skinks or small dragons would be good. I'm going to set some up for elapids.

Are elapids aloud in outdoor pits in Vic? That's a nono in NSW.

You asked for cheap well here you go:D

Made from a roll of mesh some wood and cable ties..Houses 2 eastern blueys or a bearded dragon on a rotating basis...

I rent so this way the lizards get some sun and i can move it aroud the yard so the grass is okay. They don't live in there permenantly but get out when ever the weather is good for some natural UV

Attachments

• outdoor cage.JPG
    outdoor cage.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 141
I'll agree with the rabbit hutch and the pool liner idea.
Also i have seen those large metal water tanks cut in half and used too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back