How would I go about heating this???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenfeathers

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a cheap ($50) enclosure off of Gumtree, it's basically a cabinet that's been customized to be two 'tanks' & a bit of storage. There's no light fitting for either of the compartments & I can't really put a heat mat directly in under the substrate. Is it worth it? Can anything be done? I was kind of excited when I first saw it thinking it was a good deal but it doesn't seem very practical :(

Can you share a pic of the cabinet? You have several options in regards to heating: CHE, heat panel, heat cord.

Without seeing the cabinet I'd say the easiest/cheapest heating would be a heat cord under a ceramic tile.

Finding any leckie or chippie friends could be helpful too if you wanted a light fitting or a routed groove for the heat cord to sit in.

The other important thing to consider is how well sealed it is and how well you will be able to clean and disinfect it before use. I wouldn't recommend anything with raw timber unless you're prepared to spend the time and money to seal it, etc.

Last edited:
You'd have to elaborate on the exact description of the enclosure for a proper answer, some sort of visual aid may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back