I had to ban member from APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ave never been told not to use your real name.
I didnt know it was a problem. Perhaps it should be in the site rules so that other people dont stand higher than the king.
I guess you can have anonymity with new members but anyone whos been looking at herp lists for a while will know who you are mr slateman but I do realise that you have used slateman for a long time.
So be it. You shall be Slateman to me henceforth and fifth even.
Exit stage right.
Peter

Wake up to yourselves guys, everyone has the same options.
Like the site? then stay.
Dislike the site? What the ******* you doing here?

The person in question was given a h**l of a lot more leeway than I would have given if it was my site!

For gods sake, let's all just grow up eh?

Have no fear Muddy's here. 8) *Flexes Muscles* lol who needs Roger Ramjet now??!
(cool I wanted to be a 'Mod' not a 'Rocker' - - old people will understand that)

I'll try to be fair but please read my homepage, I can have off days. Thank you Lordy for the edit button. I have to remind myself not to pick on that 'Shadow' kid for his early 'Jimmy the kid' like posts.
:wink: at Jimmy.

We all make mistakes, but when you get a warning in any situation it's time to cool it.
I believe Slatey doesn't only protect his own interests.

It's common internet protocol to NOT use peoples full names in forums and chats. It's also an offense to disclose where others live. On a forum like this where we are fairly close knit geographically, of course we will know others details, but it is never acceptable to broadcast them.

Forgive me for bringing this up Reptile 1989 - but, STP handled the situation himself very competently with the person in question; who was giving personal details and being defammatory, as he had most of his trouble with him on another site. IF he had needed assistance he knew the mods were there to back him.
That fella said he knew where my family and I lived! :shock: It was a small shame he didn't rock up and meet Muddad. heehee
I am Em I live in Whoop Whoop. That's all anybody needs to know in the public forum. ---- oh and that I'm in awe of reptiles!

Oh - - and that I'm little and fragile, :| don't pick on me just because you can - lol
Em

I am happy to use my real name on the internet but I haven't had anything happen to me.
If circumstances dictated I could change my mind.
I am not listed in the phone book though.
Peter

Reptile_1989 said:
Slateman you did the same thing mentioning John Field's complete name and aliases in a thread when him and Steveethepom were arguing, I guess double standards is an issue here huh :)

As Slateman posted
(We had to cancel our get together meeting because this person John Field Known by APS members as( CC or Cyber_crime)
People were scared to be abuse by him.)

Before you criticize me, get your fact right. When I mentioned his name he was not member of APS for long time and he newer will be.
Do you realize that he published website with all my family members photos and my adress discredited my wife and children? that site was taken of Internet by server after Nicole complained about this.

reptile1989 please you have no idea. Your comparesment is sily.

You can not compare me with guy who repetedly anounces that he will see people in they homes and bash them up.
He pm to Lutzd that he will kill him for got sick.

I had bit higher opinion about your judgement.

Looks like many people disagree with my action. I do not like to upset members mabe I was wrong and should let him continue.
I did baned him for more than just naming my name in bad manner, but to show my good will, I will give him one more chance if he get 10 people here in this thread to suport him. I think that this will be good enough indication that he have still something to contribute to our community.
Member nickname in question is Farkurnel.

So people who think that he should be taken back for one more time, you are welcome to put your support here in this threat.

Just remember that he was baned before and he rejoined under different name and we tolerated that to give him secon chance. This time this will be his 3 chance.

You banned Greg? Maybe he should have put a few more smilies in his post.

Voter number one for Greg's return right here.

I like Fark....He can be a reasonable fella. I'll never say his name out loud again though!! lol That shocked the family. :oops:
Slatey - it's only right that you let others know why somebody has been banned.

In Slateys 2nd post he said he wouldn't state the fellas name. Then he got it wormed out of him. Slatey wasn't acting just because of his own protection - let's leave it to him, as he was the one who was last affected.

Slateman said:
After 4 months of observation we choosed Earthmother and Instar. This by my opinion will balance the older and younger generation on this site.
quote]

:p

I didn't know Inny was the older generation!!!! :shock: You old codger you.

I'm sure you didn't mean lil OLD me as the representative for the oldies. lol

Okay, I know Innys a smart young pup, I'm just joshin'.

Thankyou for the dubious honour of being able to be nasty to my son and correct his spelling and facts in a authoritive capacity. :wink:
And - - when do I get my WMDs?
Em

I agree.Let him come back.
I also think its a bit rich saying that you had to ban him before Slateman.While that statement is true the reason why him and another couple of people got banned in the first place was very childish.
A lot of members here wouldn't know that he got banned in the first place for supporting another site as well as this one.From memory it was something along the lines of APS not wanting any competition.

As someone who runs a couple large web sites - no, nothing to do with herps - and runs a couple forums similar to this, I know how stressful it can be running one. It is difficult to be consistent, and to apply rules fairly and evenly.

You can never run a forum so that everyone agrees with the rules, or where everyone agrees when to draw a line in the sand. Mostly though, I've seen many forums descend into anarchy and chaos if a tight hand isn't at the wheel.

My point? We should have some sympathy for those who are forced to make a decision - whether we agree with it or not.

why did he put it in a ntshell? and where did he put the nut?

im bored :D :D :D

I haven't been a member for long here, but I have noticed quite a lot of Greg's posts since I have been here is unhappiness with this site, and how it is run, and many sarcastic comments about people here. I honestly thought he hated being a member, and often wondered why he still came here.

All in all, I am thrilled to be here and that it is free, and the least we can do is respect the people who put their time into running this and not constantly criticize them. There is enough of this going on in different forums. I think if you are constantly going to complain, why stay here?

As for Greg coming back, I'm neither yay or nay, I am just surprised that he even wants to come back. I really thought he didn't like it. Nothing against Greg at all, just my own observations from his post.

~N

I say let him back :wink:

Surely he will behave himself this time. He now knows for sure how slateman feels about his name being used and everyone else for that matter. :D

This thread has been going long enough for everyone to know and seems to be mixed "emotions" as to what to do. :lol:

Therefore it would seem that either the post that farkurnel put up wasn't that bad or else he would have been long gooooone.

Anyway it's a thumbs up from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back