I would like to colect money for one of our admins.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
africancichlidau said:
yeah they could possibly be the cheapest on the net, what i ment to say before is that i get a very reduced rate because of contacts.

So that makes it pretty irrelevant to this then doesn't it

not really cos i could probably get the costs of this site down as well if i wanted too

Slatey, bank transfer done as I type. no worries. Did you say the site is costing you $500 a year? Maybe a small fee ,say, $5 a year would help cover expenses, im, sure theres many more than 100 members. perhaps you could postcap free membership or something? I will happily pay a small fee , Ive grown fond of this site and it is damn good! Just ask !

soulweaver said:
Slateman said:
Dear souluweaver. I think you need to get your facts straight before you go posting comments like this.

You have little idea about costs involved in the site and its operation. Your comment about advertisments paying for this site is a quite naive. I don't know how old you are, but if you think that you can buy a .com and run this site you do not have too much knowledge.

This site started being a problem for our former hosts over a year ago as we were using up too much server resources. We use 2GB of storage space and go through 40GB of data transfer every month. As well as this we use a great deal of CPU processing power due to the dynamic php language the site is programmed in. For this reason we had to purchase a dedicated server which sets us back $80US a month. Obviously recoup some of this through advertising, but advertising only brings in about $30US a month and that still leaves quite a difference. Fortunately we host some other sites on the server aswell, but this certainly doesn't account for that $50US for which we are out of pocket for each month.

you call me naive when i build websites for people? how can you comment on what i know out of interest? just because that is what you pay doesn't mean it is the best price and it can't be done cheaper, maybe you should do some homework.........

Sorry Soulweaver I do call yu naive. I asume this from your posts.
To build sites for people is not giving you instant right to be wise.
And don't get upset, that is just nice way to tell you that you do not know much what is involved to run APS.

My son Adam get his first reward from minister for education for best Australian website when he was 8 year old and since then he builds websites for people. But I still call him naive sometimes.

:p Slatey,i was told never assume as it always makes an ASS out of U & ME, :lol: jj
This is a quote out of a movie,i have a feeling its john cleese that says it so prolly a montypython flick. :p

cheers popp

LOL I am getting my self easy in to another trouble.
Just forgive me all for all my sins and get along peacefully in to future.
No point to be upset all the time.
Another day, another story.

Donation is doing realy well and again, I would like to thank to all from the hart.
The person we like to reward is worth your appriciation.

Good Morning all?.I am going to add my 2 bobs worth here as well. I have been a member of this site for over 12 months. (Go on all?.. check my previous posts to confirm how much I contribute). I hardly post at all and that is because of my inexperience at keeping. However, I have just a little experience at life and in my opinion whether the admins volunteer or get paid is irrelevant. A gesture is a gesture. Some people work their butts off and at the end of the day may feel like it is not worth while. I don?t know the reason for Slateys gesture here. It may just be for the fact that this person contributes way and above what is required. Hence a small gift. No big deal. I coach my sons soccer team. I volunteer. I have done this for the past 4 years. This costs me money. I have a phone bill that goes over the top every soccer season. I initially purchased 2 trophies (4 years ago) for my player of the match. (Before anyone asks the reason for 2 is the kids sometimes forget to bring the trophy back the following weekend.) Every year I have a new plaque engraved (x 2). I enjoy what I do and expect nothing in return, however every year I receive a gift at the end of the season for taking the time to coach the kids. It makes me feel good that the parents get together to do this for me. I didn?t ask for the gift, it just happens. Contribute or don?t contribute. It is entirely up to you. This is one of the best sites that I visit. I am just not talking herp sites either. I visit other sites and sit back and read and nothing compares to this. Most people have a lot of good things to say, some don?t, so you learn to ignore those. I can?t thank Slatey, SJ and crew enough for setting this site up as I have found it extremely rewarding and hopefully will continue to do so. We live in a world of supposed free speech, so everyone has a right to voice their opinion. I didn?t agree with Greg?s initial post but that was Greg?s opinion for which he is entitled to. I believe it didn?t come out the right way as there is a difference between speech and text, and in Greg?s later posts he attempted to explain his reasoning further. Some of you agree with Greg and others don?t. Fair enough. This post originally started out as a nice gesture and it has now turned to crap. If I was the receiver of this gift I would be unsure on how to accept it knowing there are some out there who think it unwarranted. Take a chill pill everyone and take some time out. Stuff me dead, we have gone from a gift to an admin member to how much cheaper another member can run this site. Who gives a flying fart! I gotta go I?m getting worked up and need to count to 10.

Shamus that is the long post for you mate. Thanks for it. Sounds to me that you are right about many things and I think that we should close that argument with your post.
Lets forget all about agree and disagree issue and look forward to our big meeting at Taronga zoo Sathurday 2nd. I am sure that most of people will get warm feeling when we present the gift to the person who was nominated.
Another warm feeling will come from firewater. I am making sure that you all will get taste.

I hope that I spell warm right, or it is worm? Beets me. Adam is not home LOL.

Shamus said:
I didn?t agree with Greg?s initial post but that was Greg?s opinion for which he is entitled to. I believe it didn?t come out the right way as there is a difference between speech and text, and in Greg?s later posts he attempted to explain his reasoning further. Some of you agree with Greg and others don?t. Fair enough.

Amen to that.
Thanks Shamus for taking it for what it was. One person's opinion.
It's a shame other people can't see it for what it really is and it's true there is a huge difference in speech and text. I'm sure if we were sitting round a table talking it would have come across better than the way people chose to interpret text comments.

Gregory

Taronga is sat 2nd now? I thought it was the 11th, or 30th........???????? WHEN IS IT PLEASE ?

Bit off topic, but anyway....... as far as I know, it has always been the Saturday of the long weekend in October - which is 2nd October.

Yes that was always the date. Magpies first request was for that day.
2nd October 11 am reptile encosure room.

how much has been donated now slaty?

Ricko all donations are recorded on page 3 . I registered all people who pm me that they will donate. So far I do have only 10 transfers, but many people did pm me that they will do money transfer this week.
Some people will be pasing money at taronga to me, and I will pay the amount for this people my self.
So if you look at our donation record you will have exact Idea if all people who comited will deliver looks to me like $550.

Thanks again

I do have another deposit $20 deposit number 3835. With out nickname. Anybody?

I would like to all doners to check on page 3 if my records are correct.
In case somebody else donated and is not on the list, please contact me to start action to find lost transaction.
I ordered the snake from Cairns, Import permit is in mail, It is same snake as picture in this thread.

hey slaty are you getting a hypo bredli? if so how much is a hypo hatchling bredli? as they look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back