• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Incubating stimson eggs

Pythonguy1

Hey guys, I'd like to know if when I incubate my Stimson eggs, should the container that the eggs are in be sealed or ventilated?

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
Ask 10 different breeders and you'll get a division between people who say no ventilation at all, periodic ventilation, and constant ventilation.

Personally, it depends what media I have them on, but generally I'll have them sealed up in the container but will check them from time to time and open the container then (just because I need to open it to check them). I've tried everything, everything has worked.

Pythonguy1

Ask 10 different breeders and you'll get a division between people who say no ventilation at all, periodic ventilation, and constant ventilation.

Personally, it depends what media I have them on, but generally I'll have them sealed up in the container but will check them from time to time and open the container then (just because I need to open it to check them). I've tried everything, everything has worked.
OK then, thanks Sdaji. I'll see how I go with that ;)
I'll try and upload some pics when/if they hatch.