INCUBATORS for sale at Deals Direct

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapcollecta

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Just letting you know that Deals Direct has 3 models of incubators for sale to suit any budget. I bought the black one that looks like a bar fridge and testing it out now. So far so good and it super easy to use. This one can heat as well as cool in case you have an extremely hot day , also has a fan.

here is the link.

​(No links please)
I was a bit surprised to find these on their website ! How many do they think they's sell to the average consumer ? LOL

Beats my crappy Hovabator any day which I bought new and cannot get to work !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of the one's you purchased, I only use it for my leaf-tails eggs as they heat and cool I find mine a peice of #%@$. It is in no way even close to accurated and has up to a 4deg fluction in temp and have had it set at 24 deg to come home to temps over 30 deg have no idea how my eggs hatched at all. Do not recomed to anyone

I have one of the one's you purchased, I only use it for my leaf-tails eggs as they heat and cool I find mine a peice of #%@$. It is in no way even close to accurated and has up to a 4deg fluction in temp and have had it set at 24 deg to come home to temps over 30 deg have no idea how my eggs hatched at all. Do not recomed to anyone

Yeah I agree, apart from the cooling function I find them pretty unreliable.
Having said that though, I have hatched close to 50 eggs with it and had 90%+ hatch rate

Do you think the premium-digital-48-eggs-incubator-fully-automatic-kit would suit Reptiles?

If you could disable the rotation of the eggs i think it would work ok, its just whether you can do this or not.

i have the exo terra version , and as gibblore said the temps go up and down like 4 degrees . not even my simple reptapet Hovabator style temps are anywhere near that bad .
deals direct reptile enclosures arnt too bad , i have 4 of them in tassie oak .

I'll test the accuracy of mine with an independant thermometer and repory back. I guess the advert does come with a warning to use a seperate guage.

Thx for the feedback guys.

90% hatch rate is still pretty good I guess??? What is the consensus with other types of incubators?

You need to set the incubatotor about 4 degrees higher than what the digital guage is telling you. The bottom shelf clocked 4 degrees lower but in the middle and top shelf it was a little closer being about 2-3 degrees off.

Would I buy it again...Heck Yes ! It's convenient to use. Door is hard to open untill you get used to how to open it.

I'm keeping by baby hatchie in it while the rest of the collection go into brumation mode starting next week.

Last edited:
These incubators are ok for certain species. I used one for incubating boyds forest dragon eggs with a 100% hatch rate. However I would not recommend them for incubating more sensitive eggs like chondros.

The write up at the bottom doesn't fill one with confidence....

The write up at the bottom doesn't fill one with confidence....

You mean this bit?
"* Digital temperature display in front of the unit can vary plus or minus 2 degrees or more depending on the conditions of its operating environment.
* Temperature can be easily adjusted up or down by 1 degree Celsius increments."

Good for chicken eggs my daughter has one but I dont think I would trust it with reptiles seems a bit all over the shop with the temps

You mean this bit?
"* Digital temperature display in front of the unit can vary plus or minus 2 degrees or more depending on the conditions of its operating environment.
* Temperature can be easily adjusted up or down by 1 degree Celsius increments."

Yes along with......
* Please note that close monitoring of actual temperature by using external independent thermometers is required for this unit, the temperature displayed on the digital display at the front of the incubator is an indicative temperature only fine tuning of temperature requires independent external thermometer.
* This is not a professional incubator , mainly used by Herp enthusiasts to incubate a smaller number of eggs, will nevertheless produce excellent results when used correctly.
* Its incumbent upon the user to closely monitor the temperature of the incubator and other parameters such as humidity as no responsibility will be taken by the manufacturer for eggs failing to incubate as some parameters are beyond the control of the manufacturer.

i have found the foam box style incubator holds the temp better[fluction wise] then the bar fridge type .

I have one and tested it prior to use with several separate thermometers. I found it needed a modification such as the fitting of a small computer fan for constant air circulation. The fan in the unit only cuts in when the unit is adjusting temperature and turns off once the unit reaches the set temp. There seems to be a lot of variation in the temp at different spots inside however so circulation is needed. Happy with it once that is done.
Even down here in southern Vic the temp in my foam incubator set at 30c spikes to mid thirties at least on a 36 degree day so they can have their problems too.

thanks for that was considering buying 1

These incubators are ok for certain species. I used one for incubating boyds forest dragon eggs with a 100% hatch rate. However I would not recommend them for incubating more sensitive eggs like chondros.

what about beardies?

Last edited:
thanks for that was considering buying 1

what about beardies?

They would be fine for beardies, lizard eggs are a lot hardier than people give them credit for, they don't have a mother who makes sure they are warm 24/7, they get laid under a few inches of dirt and left until they hatch lol

Thank you for this, I have been thinking of getting one ^^
I am still thinking of getting one for my beardies.
Let us know how it goes scrapcollecta :)

i got one still unused for 130 but iv herd they break down after a couple of clutches through the incubator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back