Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian66

Reaction score
l have posted a photo of my indoor Sand Monitor enclosure, that is 6 foot square and has walls that a 2 foot high and can be extended to 3 foot high.
This photo is posted for (DA GRIZ) so he can get some idear of the size of my indoor enclosure l keep my adult male Sand Monitor in. or anyone else that wants to know what size enclosure to keep a medium size Monitor in indoor.

Last edited:
thanks mate.

looks great can we get anypics of the inside or is it like the outside one?

Here you can see what my indoor Sand Monitor enclosure looks like on the inside, where you see the burrow in the sand, that is where my male Sand Monitor sleeps at night time, he dug that burrow himself just like they do out in the wild.

Last edited:
looks great thanks mate.

i am going to save my money now to get a monitor and when my aviary is free fix that up so i am able to house a sandy in it

lts located in my loungeroom behind my leather recliner, seeing that l live on my own the Sand Monitor does not get stressed at all with me being around him alot, he will climb up where you see the batton holder and Fluorescent UV Tube, then he moves along those 2 pieces of timber in the middle of the enclosure, then he will climb down the front of it to get out, l don't mind him moving around inside it gives him a chance to get some exercise just like they do in the wild when they move around out in the open.
Here in 1 of the photo's you can see him trying to combat 1 of my other 2 male Sand Monitor's l keep outside all year around.
Here you can see him here in a photo's, he now is 3 foot long including his full tail, he was breed at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre in early August 2006.

Last edited:
All my Reptile enclosure a designed by myself, then a close friend of mine, who is a carpenter by trade builds them for me.
Before l design any enclosure l first think what am l going to keep in it, then l think our does that Reptile live natually in the wild, such as above or below ground, and how much room they need to move around.

here is a pic of a pit i just designed for 1. it is 3 x 2 metres x 3ft tall

Attachments

• sand mon enc 1.jpg
    sand mon enc 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 190
  • sand mon enc 2.jpg
    sand mon enc 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 161
here is a pic of a pit i just designed for 1. it is 3 x 2 metres x 3ft tall
Your outdoor pit you have designed look very good, make sure it has a enclosed area where the Sand Monitor can escape from the rain and also keep the sand area dry at all times,also make sure that it cannot get flooded with water by providing a drainage area around the bottom of the walls.

My outdoor enclosure where l keep 4 adult Sand Monitor's, is 12 foot long - 8 foot wide - 3 foot high, the sand pt is 6 foot long - 4 foot wide - 1 foot deep, the 2 hideboxes a both 6 foot long by 1 foot sqaure. the roof is made from Polycarbon and steel frame.

Last edited:
I have one of your babies!!!:D
he is so beautiful and cheekie
I only got him last week.
Im just guessing he's a he:p
heres some pics
P150209_1629.jpg

P150209_1503.jpg

I have one of your babies!!!:D
he is so beautiful and cheekie
I only got him last week.
Im just guessing he's a he:p
heres some pics
P150209_1629.jpg

P150209_1503.jpg
Hi Laura,
You say you have 1 of my juvenile Desert Sand Monitor's l breed out of the 10 l hatched, where did you get it from l solds 2 to Upmarket Pets in the City and 2 to Totally Reptiles in Rosanna.
You say he his a male, going by the shape of his head from what l can see in the photo's you posted on here l say its is a male but don't get me l could be wrong.
You are so lucky to have 1 of my juvenile Desert Sand Monitor's, that was breed from parents that all are pure unrelated and wild caught on permit from Alice Springs NT, now you can see how l keep the parents and what they all look like and how big they grow.

Here you can see my adult male Desert Sand Monitor, sticking his head out of his burrow, that he user's has his hideout and sleeping quarters at night time, in his indoor enclosure.

Last edited:
lol how cute.

is the desert sand monitor the smaller out of the varanous gouldii?

Matt,
The Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus don't get has big as the Varanus Gouldii Gouldii, the reason why is cause of where they come from natually, which is the Desert Region of Australia such as Alice Springs-Sturt National Park-Gibson Desert-Great Sandy Desert, the variety of food is not as plentyfull, and being a little bit on the small size they can out run predators such as Perentie Monitor's-Wedge-Tailed Eagles-falcons-Kites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back