injured water dragon.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
Have a 6 week old dragon that was bitten by a dog and its front legs are near useless. Friend gave it to me to nurse back to health. looking better they said than last week. looks stuffed to me as front legs are non working and it must be suffering. Freezer or fix? i know what ill do but want some answers as to back up my thought when i say its gone. Pics soon, thanks

Sharpy, take it to a vet. Let them decide its fate.
If you decide to euthanase it, don't freeze it, it is not a humane way to kill. The only way to euthanase it is either at the vets (green dream, but no good now for the environment), or a hammer to the head.( Now this way you can put it back in the bush and let it be recycled into the environment the way it was meant).

its not that bad for the environment, I mean its not good because they are body bagged and buried in landfill. But at least they dont poison predators. Either way freezing is not a good option, and if you use blunt force trauma dont hesitate, hit hard and be accurate.

I think you would need a vet to assess it pre-euthanasia just to get their opinion on whether the paralysis/paresis is permanent etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back