Jacky Lizard Help.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi peoples :)

I'm picking up some adult Jacky Lizards next week and i was hoping someone could help me out, I need to know how to sex them. The person i am getting them from doesn't know how to sex them. He has 8 and I am only buying 3 so i want to make sure i am getting 1 male and 2 females.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

i assumed they would be the same but i wanted to get confirmation from someone who has them just to be safe.
tried google but couldn't find much info there unfortunately,

Adult males have obvious preanul and femoral pores whereas the females are not so obvious and in many cases non existant. Males will also usually have a wider head and will also tend to be a little bigger, although I would not recommend sexing any animal based on size without considering other determinants in conjunction with sizing. Also if you feel around the base of the tail you can sometimes feel the hemipene bulges on either side of the vent opening. Females do not have these bulges or extra thickness at the base of the tail. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back