Just forgot my jacky was on my sholder :( :) :l :S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're lucky he didn't just disappear off your shoulder.

I have, in recent years, been managing to control my fear of lizards, through education and doing volunteer work at our local wildlife park, in the reptile section. Learning that their skin isn't as spiky as it looks, their hissing isn't as scarey as they want you to think has gone a long way to help me overcome my once-uncontrollable bursts if one headed my way. One time at a herp meeting a friend took their boyds forest dragon along and gave a talk on the beautiful lizard. He still had the lizzy on his shoulder when I walked past and it took a flying leap from his shoulder to mine. I cringed and shuddered but managed not to fling the $1000 creature off me. But thankfully my friend was quick to grab his lizard before I could anyway. Now I look back on that and think its funny. I have since then, owned (or my daughter did) bearded dragons, water dragons, an ackie monitor, and rescued lacies, blue tongues and even larger, cranky eastern bearded dragons off the roads. I am still yet to see my reaction when a lacy chases me but till then I consider myself cured :D I also travelled to the Gold Coast and completed Snake Handler's Advanced Reptile Husbandry course a few years back. Back then, Sean got a goanna out to show us. He had it by the tail and let it have a run, I was up on the chair, horrifed and I wouldn't touch the beardie either. I'm glad its all good now. I can pick wild ones up no worries.

This probably has nothing to do with your lizard on your shoulder, but thought I'd share it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back