Like faith in humanity...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Educating people who have a fear of snakes is made so much harder by commentary such as this.... For a reptile owner, this prompts so many more questions than answers and has the effect of degrading conversation to the point of personal attacks.

For those non reptile folk on APS, please dont go down to this level. It doesnt destroy our homes, just our brain cells and faith in humanity..

20180127_120527.png

They are like a bull in a china shop. I never let mine out of their steel enclosures for this very reason.

I just realised this is in Tasmania. They don't even have pythons that could possibly damage ornaments etc. in a home while on the move.
How high are their Tigers, Copperheads and White Lips climbing?

Last edited:
Lets keep the character attacks out of this please...

They are like a bull in a china shop. I never let mine out of their steel enclosures for this very reason.

I just realised this is in Tasmania. They don't even have pythons that could possibly damage ornaments etc. in a home while on the move.
How high are their Tigers, Copperheads and White Lips climbing?
Ahhh Tassie... No native turtles there either... Nor are you allowed to import them from the mainland... Apparently turtles would "threaten the trout industry."

Here's an example, when found, they just kill them.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...lane-overhead-compartment-at-tasmania/7439162
There's big fines for trying to take a turtle to Tassie... Who'd wanna live there?? Count me out.

On a lighter note educating/refuting myths for people with fears of snakes has been a rewarding and completely unexpected bonus of being a keeper.

It fascinates me that people have such a steadfast opinion of something they have never experienced first hand. Do you like snakes? No. Have you held one? No...

That being said there are legit phobias out there that some people struggle with so i try remain apathetic.

My little childrens has been a *first snake* for a few people now, she is just too adorable, you cant be afraid when the cutie works her magic

I find it so funny when I see "watch out, snake sighted" signs around.
I always think...why is this surprising?
Why are we shocked to find a native animal in its native habitat?
Obviously it is not normal people like us but weirdos who think snakes are slimy etc.
these people need to get a life and get on with it! The world is not centred on horrible furry things but beautiful scaley things and the sooner they get a grip the better

Obviously it is not normal people like us but weirdos who think snakes are slimy etc.
these people need to get a life and get on with it! The world is not centred on horrible furry things but beautiful scaley things and the sooner they get a grip the better
i hate it when people say aahh snake its all slimy especially my carpet im like what am i holding a Hagfish or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back