lizard Maker

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluf

Reaction score
Does anybody know were i can get some LIZARD MAKER :shock: from so i can try it as my baby childrens will only take live scented pinkies and am starting to have trouble finding skinks HELP :cry:

Sluf have you tried Mouse Maker, I know that you can get it from Ultimate Reptile Supplies, there is a link on this website.
I have used it before and it worked quite well.
By memory it only cost $20..00 approx per bottle

Sluf

I have got it and it cost me $25 don't waste your money. The stuff worked with my male but not my female Stimson's. A cheaper way is get a gargen skink mush it a little and rub the pinkies nose in it.

When finished keep the mushed lizard in some plastic wrap in the freezer and use it when needed.

Hi guys,

:shock: I don't know much about this but maybe if your gonna 'mush' a garden skink anyway, you could make up a kind of skink sauce. I reckon you could mash the skink and maybe add a few drops of olive oil (waiting for it) to give a bit of consistency. You should then be able to keep this in a plastic (ziplock) bag in the freezer and just thaw a bit out when you thaw the mouse out.

grahamh

What a great idea make your own lizard maker. And aussie snakes would like it as its made with aussie lizards.

Alot of aussie snakes don't like lizard maker as its made overseas.

this is what i do
first find a skink a brown one not the black and white stripey ones wait till the skink drops its tail off put the tail on a teaspoon and use another teaspoon to mush the tail and then add about 5 drops of vegetable oil

this works well for me and i dont have to kill the skink either

SB that's even better because you don't get the stomach contents and therefore the parasites (which you would hope would be killed by long term freezing) when you use just the tail.

Tail is best, as it?s a lot cleaner. When I mushed the lizard I did not use the stomach contents.

i read somewhere, cant remember where that you can put a couple of skinks into boiling water for a while, then use the water to scent the pinkies.....dunno if it works or not though

Cheers
STP
Leader of the Love the Glove Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back