Man dies after being strangled by pet snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: 11-Jun-10 09:26 AM
Source: By Margery A Beck in Omaha via NEWS.com.au

A MAN has died after being strangled by his 2.7m, 11.3kg pet boa constrictor, authorities said today.

Go to Original Article

I just want to know why, if he was showing a 'friend' how the friend didnt try and help and it was still wrapped around the bloke when the cops got there ....

erm... how the hell did he let THIS happen?? I know a 2.7m boa is quite strong, but if he had his friend with him, there's no reason it should have gotten that far!!! and to have let it get around his neck in the first place.... freakin weird, I reckon

and this is why you dont put ANY snake around your neck for .

Yes and the more incidents like this occur the the tighter the laws become for wildlife ownership. The is in the US but the implications are the same.

"The sad reality is, whether its a dog or a cat or snake, no matter how much you trust an animal, they react unpredictably in certain situations," Mr Langan said.

I liked this quote

"The sad reality is, whether its a dog or a cat or snake, no matter how much you trust an animal, they react unpredictably in certain situations," Mr Langan said.

I liked this quote

I agree - excellently said... an animal is an animal - you should treat it with respect and dignity, but never with complete trust - if you know your animal, you'll know it's capabilities, and therefore, you will treat it in a safe and respectful way.

For those saying his friend should have helped... his friend probably was pooping his pants in fear of the snake.. also I can't imagine how difficult it would be to uncoil a 2.7m 11kg snake would be, but I'd say it'd be pretty damn hard.

He should've got a knife and cut its head off or something though...

I just can't believe a boa that size (which isn't THAT big really) would have a feeding reaction to a human. Goes to show snakes DON'T know their owners after all.

Gosh, I better be careful with my 12 foot tall T. rex. But he is so friendly! Just have to avid those "certain situations".

But it also says
"Mr Polikov, who also serves as the county's coroner, said strangulation has been ruled as the cause of death"

But it also says
"Mr Polikov, who also serves as the county's coroner, said strangulation has been ruled as the cause of death"

Yes.. that's why the headline says "Strangled by pet snake"...

13 deaths since 1980....

Including a toddler after a pet python (retic) escaped and went into the two year olds room and strangled her....

sounds like a great way to die ( man and snake ) go to hell and they ask how you died of you say ( my snake killed me ) what a luaghing stock youd be !

I love the sound of it !

lucky they cant charge the Boa but i wouldnt like to be in the cells with it !

Good on the snake it was just trying out the Menu -the other -other red meat !

man vs snake nearly always does man win but not today

They are not wild animals. they have personalities and are able to
understand what we are saying to them when being talked to,we should dress them up in clothing.
they are also tameable, once tame will never bite and then can be draped over your face with nothing to worry about
...well so iv been told from the ''experts''

but seriously ,if your a reptile keeper or would like to be one..you should treat your herps with respect.
they are not a little party trick you can bring out at 6 oclock
to big note yourself infront of your mates that have no idea about herps.

some (98%) people in this hobby have no idea what they are doing...even tho they think they do.

They are not wild animals. they have personalities and are able to
understand what we are saying to them when being talked to,we should dress them up in clothing.
they are also tameable, once tame will never bite and then can be draped over your face with nothing to worry about
...well so iv been told from the ''experts''

but seriously ,if your a reptile keeper or would like to be one..you should treat your herps with respect.
they are not a little party trick you can bring out at 6 oclock
to big note yourself infront of your mates that have no idea about herps.

some (98%) people in this hobby have no idea what they are doing...even tho they think they do.

There are two kinds of statistics, the kind you look up and the kind you make up.
Rex Stout

I can prove anything by statistics except the truth.
George Canning

doesmt make any sense, why would you let it gt that far? surely 2 grown men could have done something?? i wonder how thick it was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back