Marbled gecko just layed eggs! HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoJojo

Reaction score
I've been trying to find some decent information but I can only find snippits so if anyone can help that would be awesome!

I just found two eggs in my marbled tank. I have two in there, I am not sure of their sex but I'm beginning to think I have a male and female (you know probably!). I don't think these two will hatch one looks cracked and the other has an indented yellow soft spot. I read they will lay two every two weeks for a short while so I am bumping up the calcium, vitamins and other good stuff before the next eggs come along. I'm going to buy an incubator tomorrow and going to put as much stuff in the tank so the next eggs don't stick to the glass.

I've had these two since February, they definitely slowed down during winter and are becoming far more active now. One has always been more active than the other. I have tried to sex them or see if the female is obviously still gravid. I cannot for the life of me tell, I will try to get a photo tomorrow when I redo their tank.

If you can't tell I've never bred reptiles before and I really wanna give and possible babies the best chance!

Has anyone got any tips? What else should I be doing? Also currently have coconut peat as the substrate I was thinking of changing so something a little less messy. Maybe the all natural little company's bedding?

Where r u located ?
Coco pete is fine as sub straight as it allows the female to make a good nest
off the top of my head the females will have white calcium deposits on the side of the neck, that's an indicator for the sex of the animal

Marbled gecko eggs often dont need an incubator and will hatch fine at room temp as oong as they are viable. I know someone that just leaves everything as is and they hatch in the enclosure

Thanks guys! I'm in Melbourne I put the one viable egg in a tub in my bearded dragons tank so it can incubate. I think I can see the calcium deposits on one of their necks but I cannot see any bulges or anything near their vents. But oh well I guess i'll find out as time goes on.

If you lift the girl up safely and look underneath you should be able to see the eggs inside her, just put the eggs in a tub on a shelf they'll hatch if they are fertile

If you lift the girl up safely and look underneath you should be able to see the eggs inside her, just put the eggs in a tub on a shelf they'll hatch if they are fertile

Do you know how many clutches they lay? I keep seeing different things. Some saying one clutch of two eggs a year and others say 6-8 clutches of two eggs. Do you know which is correct.

It all depends on the amount of food offered if the food is plentyfull she would produce more then one clutch, there is no sure way to tell I have had beardies lay 3 clutches in one season then just one the following

Well she just layed two more eggs but they also look non viable. Fingers crossed there's a third clutch.

Yeah, exactly, you have posted the informative post. It really helped me ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back