Mary River/Gympie/Tiaro/Maryborough?????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanting to know if there are fellow reptile keepers in this region as i am moving there for work soon and will be in need of a reptile supply shop. Anybody?

Regards,

Simone.

I have a good mate in Maryborough - used to work in the Reptile House at Taronga before he retired. Has done a lot of work on the Mary River Turtle before it was described as a species.

Give me a call.

:p

Hix

there is not a lot in the way of reptile shops in this region and what there is is expensive.
i pretty much order all my stuff through herp shop. breed my own food for pythons.
cheers.:)

and yes there are a few keepers up this way.

Thanks a million inthegrass, really appreciate it. Hope the Council doesn't mind me breeding rats at their property? ;)

Simone.

Last edited:
I'm in Gympie. There's two pet shops. One only has like a few heat rocks and crap and the other has a reptile area out the back... They don't really have much there though.

Thanks Metal_Jazz, i'll be in Tiaro so it looks like i'll be breeding my own reptile food then. Any herp societies in the area?

Simone.

I have absolutely no idea where Tiaro is, haha. But yeah. I went into the pet shop here and had a good look at what they have. They have a few ceramic heat emitters, different lightbulbs,, some heat rocks, light cages (30 bucks! What a rip off!), They also have a fridge with frozen meeces/rats. A few other bits and peices that i've forgotten.

LOL- Tiaro is 15 mins south from Maryborough.
I think i might just buy all my stuff from Sydney and bring it up with me. I'll just make sure i stock up every visit to Sydney.

Simone.

You may have to travel down to the Sunny Coast to get your supplies, as that is what I do (I'm in Gympie at the moment). I go to Mooloolaba Aquarium and Aviary Centre (they're on Brisbane Rd) on my days off to get my crickets and rats. There really is nothing in Gympie.

Thanks Grant- I love Mooloolaba so any excuse for a road trip i suppose. Thankyou for your help,

Simone.

re Mary

Starve the lizards Simone,what crime did you committ to get sent to tiaro :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back