Mite Help. Frontline?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinifecs

Reaction score
Hey guys, so recently discovered my pit kept bluey's have mites! Little buggers! Anyway not a huge infestation but as its the first time dealing with them it has sent me into a determined panic! Have treated with frontline whilst waiting for my TOD to arrive and am still seeing mites alive on the newspaper (in tubs atm with newspaper). Am I correct in saying that frontline is absorbed into the skink and fed to the mite resulting in death? When initially treating I was under the impression it was a contact kill leading to pessimism when live mites were still observed? How often should the skinks be treated like this? All adults, 400g plus.

Thanks for your help guys! Happy Aus Day!!

Cleaning the pit will be a lot harder, almost impossible I guess. A good insect spray and lack of a reptile for the life of the mite Im hoping will help.

Best of luck there. I have never set up an outdoor enclosure so my advise is very limited. Hopefully someone with outdoor enclosure experience will reply to your post.

Thnx nick, yea up against it I know. Get quite a few wilds around the place so it will be hard to eradicate all together, just hoping to limit it

Check out predatory mites (hypoaspis).
You can purchase online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back