More Than 1,000 New Species Found in Mekong

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having lived right on the Mekong river in Lao and Thailand, let me just say for every species they find, another ten are eaten to extinction by local populations. The crickets are scared the sing at night over there! I tip my hat to species still being found for their ability to live in remote regions!

Having lived right on the Mekong river in Lao and Thailand, let me just say for every species they find, another ten are eaten to extinction by local populations. The crickets are scared the sing at night over there! I tip my hat to species still being found for their ability to live in remote regions!

Lucky bugger living over there , and hey peoples gotta eat :D

I had no choice but to live there, I hated every second of it. As for eating, I find beating a dog to death with a rock to add with the rice for dinner a little much. I have never seen a more food orientated culture.

Perhaps you were a little harsh on the old Mekong.
Its a wonderful place.

Each their own. I always say to those who wonder, that it's one thing to visit a place, another to live there for years. It's all getting off topic anyways, the species found are amazing looking and I think it's great that we're still finding them in this day and age.

OMG that viper has 2 b one of the coolest snakes ive ever seen!!!
its colours kick the gtps *** lol :D

I heard they found a Spider as big as a dinnerplate (30cm)...another one which can jump as high (Far?)as four meters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back