Music!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Before it was just "music!", looked like a good dig at mine

- - - Updated - - -

Really @schoona ?
You're aware the only reason you can have 7 hour shows with trance and other such crud is because its actually not music? :)
Me, I can't even slightly appreciate that rubbish, has no musical value whatsoever.
You're not on drugs? And you call trance music, but not metal?
Ummm at least metal in pretty much any of its forms involves actual MUSICAL instruments.

Hahaha yeah, there is really a secret big red button, in the middle of a neon room with floating elephants, and when aspiring producers want to make a next beatport top 10, they just need to find and then manipulate that button to there genre. Then, a computer screen pops out of the floor with the message "you're next club banger is available now on beatport and itunes for 2.99, you are a god among men. goodbye". You then retreat to a sunny villa off the coast of spain, showered in expensive drinks and latin girls. It's really that easy.

And you're aware that a rock band that plays for 3 hours is a self interview for an hour of, and then after that they have run out of material?

As I said, I appreciate the coordination. I like watching phil collins (drumming). To me, metal is a "i want to hit this symbol as many times as i can rhythmically in 3 and a half minutes" bang bang bang bang bang bang

guitar, wow, i have mates listneing to architects/hacktivist etc and listening/watching them mimic it is impressive sure. as far as a nice aurally pleasing melody, give me tonight is forever any day of the week.

vocals. grown men screaming, all the black, can't understand the words because it sounds like someone shoved a spear up their anooos, the grave views of the world, the self hate/suicide/dark/troubled themes...yeah pass.

dont mind rammstein occasionally though...sometimes disturbed. but yeah, only on occasion

Don't get me started on the JJJ indie/alternative.

chord chord chord chord, (down an octave) chord chord chord chord (down another octave) chord chord chord chord (back up an octave) chord chord chord chord.
Hmmm, not alternative enough, better add some cowbell, and sound like a 14 year old girl. That'll get me some air time on the j's. please. music

Last edited:
Yep Kreator and Death Angel on the same bill. It is a great combo

There is only 1 support band for the sydney and the brisbane show. All other concerts around Australia only have the 2 headline bands with no supports

Really appreciate the kind comments :) Cheers!!!!

schoona;2423748 I appreciate the co-ordination of the metal and thrashing and that stuff said:
schoona, no need to "re-invent" anything, if it works, don`t fix it. I don't want to hear a metal or thrash band do anything other than metal/thrash. Same thing they were doing 20 years ago? Yep, and that's just fine by me!

schoona, no need to "re-invent" anything, if it works, don`t fix it. I don't want to hear a metal or thrash band do anything other than metal/thrash. Same thing they were doing 20 years ago? Yep, and that's just fine by me!

It's strange you know.
I'm from Newcastle

NXFM plays mainstream
KO-FM plays all the 80s/90s and a dash of today. The one hit wonders, the songs people dont want to let go of. When the clientele eventually turn off their radios/retire from work (communal radio station) and the "new generation" of peopel come along, the transistor radio will be dead, and yes Thunderstruck is a cool song. Worthy of a daily play though? Nope. But just for the old guys it is.

When they arre gone? What will play on the radio.

By your logic, there'd still be JS Bach on the transistor radio

"By your logic, there'd still be JS Bach on the transistor radio"

Not true because the music I`m talking about doesn't get played on radio. Though I understand where your coming from.

It's strange you know.
I'm from Newcastle

NXFM plays mainstream
KO-FM plays all the 80s/90s and a dash of today. The one hit wonders, the songs people dont want to let go of. When the clientele eventually turn off their radios/retire from work (communal radio station) and the "new generation" of peopel come along, the transistor radio will be dead, and yes Thunderstruck is a cool song. Worthy of a daily play though? Nope. But just for the old guys it is.

When they arre gone? What will play on the radio.

By your logic, there'd still be JS Bach on the transistor radio
Plenty if people still listen to Bach. No doubt people will listen to other old stuff in a hundred years too.

You're generalizing though @schooner, actual thrash, heavy, death, ect metal, is vastly different to whatever it is you're describing. And people still listen to old metal cause it quality, I'm not debating that crap appeals to some people, the top 10 is testament to that. But let me think of a trace act that's stood the test of time.....
Sorry cant, there isn't one.
Metal? Um slayer, testament, motorhead, kreator, iron maiden, Judas priest, black Sabbath these guys sell will sell music till after they're dead. and that's just the top of my head.
Nameless trance acts? Until the next hit.
Music. Please

You're generalizing though @schooner, actual thrash, heavy, death, ect metal, is vastly different to whatever it is you're describing. And people still listen to old metal cause it quality, I'm not debating that crap appeals to some people, the top 10 is testament to that. But let me think of a trace act that's stood the test of time.....
Sorry cant, there isn't one.
Metal? Um slayer, testament, motorhead, kreator, iron maiden, Judas priest, black Sabbath these guys sell will sell music till after they're dead. and that's just the top of my head.
Nameless trance acts? Until the next hit.
Music. Please

did you not generalise also?

funny, watched this the other day
Slayer - Raining Blood - YouTube
the guts of the song is just a thrash, no tune, no melody, no variation. just hit the drums as much as oyu can and pluck as many strings. then finally some lyrics, a bit of a breakdown.

So my misconceptions are? lots of metal bands aren't fat men with overgrown hair, flogging their necks like parrots screaming about death, hating the world, being oppressed etc? right.

you wouldn't know any trance artists?

you're just going to have to let it go that the depth of sound achieved electronically is superior to one man and his guitar. that can also be accentuated, by a man and his guitar.

this is a good watch
Carlos Santana / Eric Clapton - JinGo (Jin-Go-Lo-Ba) 2004 Live Video - YouTube

I don't need to check it out @schooner I wasn't questioning the talent of santanta or Eric clapton, they're incredibly talented MUSICIANS.
Saying electronically programmed sound made with computer generated instruments aka trance isn't music, isn't generalizing dude, its just the truth.
Slayers not you cup of tea? Cool, I love them but they only represent one genre, and aggressive music is their point and they do it well.
Have a listen to the guitar in a meadeth track, or death. Talent.
I don't only listen to death metal, I just prefer it. I like thrash, and the occasional black metal session too. I also like johnny cash and Willie nelson all good music.
also I don't mind a bit of slim shady here and there, I actually own leftfield's rhythm and stealth and could probably dig up some other trance. Maybe. I'm just not deluded enough to call it music

- - - Updated - - -

Lol @schooner ill never let it go :)

well all the bands in the world sound poo without electronic intervention, whether thats effects on a guitar (ie not the natural guitar sound then is it, as good as electronic music) or changing voice tones to produce the track. give a pianist a piano and that's completely organic sound then yeah.

funny, slim shady, reckon his music is natural? like a 3 piece band? yeah nah. so we have proven its not electronic music that you hate, just gotta work out what it is

Armin van Buuren - Shivers (Alex M.O.R.P.H.'s Red Light Dub) (Imagine DVD Part 17) - YouTube
if you can handle the synthesised beats of slim shady, the intrument is in the voice. apart from the fact shivers is an awesome melody, this voice live goes right through you. alex morph has tweaked/modernised it a bit

robert miles - children is old and classic
Robert Miles - Children [Dream Version] - YouTube

another classic, binary finary - 1998
Armin Only 2008 LIVE - Binary Finary - 1998 [HD & HQ] - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

A song written in tribute for a 7 year old girl named Olivia who died of cancer from Andy Duguid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNTATYk_mQ

And RAM teamed up with Susana, after RAM's wife passed away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CULZK1HFs8s

Dude you've proven nothing, I said don't mind it, not that its music. I actually said I'm not deluded enough to call it music. Read the comment
You can make all the justifications you like, I'm very aware that anything recorded and yes even played live has some form of digital enhancements. Just quietly, pretty much everyone knows that.
But there's a world if difference between enchancing music made with instruments and something that's no more than digitally altered sounds made by computer generated instruments.
A world.of .difference.
If an instrument is being played by a real human, in a real band, even a long haired, neckless, fat hairy man in a band full of the same. Still trumps trance.
Cause trance is not music.
It's computer skills.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

I mainly listen to hip hop but also like classical and oldies.
Regarding the "trance"/"Metal" debate I think it depends on what your interpretation of the two are.
Personally I think metal fans overuse the "but they use real instruments" because while that might be true, bands like T-rex, Led zeppelin, The beatles also did but made way better music.

Just my opinion.

Beautiful day for a Session of Metal...... I love any form of music(except my singing lol) Now if I sang to you all, then there would be no room for debate because you would all agree......... I SUCK roflmfao and it could NEVER be classed as music heh heh heh

[MENTION=39735]schoona[/MENTION] lol we'll just have to agree to disagree.hey? I'm an old thrasher from way back any way.. nothings changing my mind...had this argument sooo many times. This is by far the most civilised one yet though :) [MENTION=39495]Boiga[/MENTION] hahaha the never ending trance/meta debate, I'm a fan ;) [MENTION=28308]CrystalMoon[/MENTION] BAHAHAHA pmsl

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

I really don`t care who likes metal and who doesn`t. I love it, been listening to it since I could walk and will listen to it till the day I die!

By the way, its not the only genre I listen to but it is by far my favourite.

music is art. It's human nature to have your own opinion.
But I know that Metal fans are probably the most passionate in the world. \m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back