Music!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who the most wealthy musicians are?.. If we take personal preference, opinion and taste out of the equations and just look at who has made the most money from being a musical entertainer... No doubt there are a few musicians who have appealed to a greater number of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a quick google...
Andrew Llyd Webber - $1.2B
Paul McCartney $800m
Emmilio Estifan - $500m
Elton John - $550m
Mick Jagger - $328m
LA Reid - $300M (Quite like LA Reid's stuff)
Gene Simmons - $300m
Keith Richards $280m
Jay Z $500m

Look up what tiesto and Calvin Harris earn per year, within 5 years they have made it halfway up the list, and that's not including what they have already earned in 20years (tiesto) etc

Look up what tiesto and Calvin Harris earn per year, within 5 years they have made it halfway up the list, and that's not including what they have already earned in 20years (tiesto) etc
If they aren't in the top 100 they aren't in the top 100.

Elton John charges way too much, he's too old.
He was good 30 years ago. Is still good for sure, but good enough to charge 800 a ticket or whatever to sing in a vineyard in the hunter valley? No

Idiots hanging onto their own lives from that time are just that silly that they pay that for a 2 hour show

Imagine going to the meatloaf show and he sounded like a ****** hip hop Dj scratching his voice and played through a 12W paper cone speaker

Daft punk's alive concert sold out quicker than the Beatles in 2007 (much better product than the get lucky stuff they are producing now)

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/calvin-harris-tops-list-of-worlds-richest-djs-2013-8

Earn 50 million a year in your own back. Only thing is the market place has changed, same argument I made before. He's not likely to have a 40 year career. The sound will change and he won't be current

McCartney earns 800 over 40 years
The difference was it was the break free moment for 'youth' that hung up on their favourites, when they pass, I guess young people of today haven't 'valued' the tunes as much because it hasn't been as 'influential' (nt the same as not enjoyed as much by passionate fans) as Beatles tunes 'in his time'

Calvin Harris Dominates List Of World's Richest DJs With Insane Annual Earnings | Business Insider

Earn 50 million a year in your own back. Only thing is the market place has changed, same argument I made before. He's not likely to have a 40 year career. The sound will change and he won't be current

McCartney earns 800 over 40 years
The difference was it was the break free moment for 'youth' that hung up on their favourites, when they pass, I guess young people of today haven't 'valued' the tunes as much because it hasn't been as 'influential' (nt the same as not enjoyed as much by passionate fans) as Beatles tunes 'in his time'

No it's their current net worth. Most have lavish lifestyles that need a lot of money yearly to keep.
Funny to think I have family worth more than a lot of these celebs.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear what you are saying gooba. But it doesn't explain new artists like P.Diddy being worth $550m

LOL lucky I am not needing to rely on my Musical talent(or lack there of)for my net financial worth.... Tis interesting to read what people make through music/entertainment. I hadnt really thought about it much.... I still Love METAL :p

LOL lucky I am not needing to rely on my Musical talent(or lack there of)for my net financial worth.... Tis interesting to read what people make through music/entertainment. I hadnt really thought about it much.... I still Love METAL :p
A lot of my favourite bands don't even get a mention. Sometimes it's nice just to be different and like something less mainstream. There's no doubting the talent of someone like Andrew Lloyd webber. It's just not my cup of tea :)

Me too crystal :)
Anyway the quality of any particular band, has Jack to do with talent. I've seen buskers that are as talented as Santana playing for coins, and then there p diddy. Clearly talent and cash are mutually exclusive.
And really let's not forget there's the "music" that's about the money, and then there's METAL that's about the music. \m/ :)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Me too crystal :)
Anyway the quality of any particular band, has Jack to do with talent. I've seen buskers that are as talented as Santana playing for coins, and then there p diddy. Clearly talent and cash are mutually exclusive.
And really let's not forget there's the "music" that's about the money, and then there's METAL that's about the music. \m/ :)

I guess talent is a range of things. It might be technically pitch perfect, it might be a lyrical genius, it might be making something that appeases the masses. To me I think most wealthy people are talented if they made it themselves. They might be better at business than music, which is no less a talent. I recognise someone like P. Diddly as being talented at his genre and business as I do the Rolling Stones. Making music that fans of the genre like isn't easy. Every genre has tough critics. Even the weird stuff Gooba listens to.
I've never understood why people debate what is better. As long as you enjoy what you listen to, what does it matter? I only mentioned the wealth as its a constant of artists that have appealed to a large number of people as opposed to bands that don't make it and didn't have the mass appeal.
If you love a genera that is popular it doesn't mean it is better than a less popular genre. You are simply part of a majority. And vise versa you are simply part of a minority. Minorities are all the rage these days....

Last edited by a moderator:
Minorities are all the rage these days....

Very true [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] :) I only wish it was so when I was a kid, lol
I could've been cool.
Now I'm just tragic lol

Then, now..... I am still a round peg in a square hole lol I think ya pretty darn cool ;)

Naww :) bakatcha x yeah once a freak always a freak :) I love it :%

Last edited:
yes tahnia , and the bass player Kim still plays with Frank and Wilbur every now and then .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back