My Big Olive Girl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sutto75

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hi I have a small question in regards to my Olive python. She is just over 2 years o;d and is near on 9ft and 1.6kg long i feed her every 2-3 weeks a large rat 250g or an adult quail.
Is this a normal size for a 2 year old olive and i understand snake grow at different pace but it just seem to be a real big girl compared to some i have seen.
Thanks

Are you sure she is really 9foot? I would have thought a 9ft snake would weigh significantly more then 1.6kg.

I agree with above. Your snake is either 5-6ft and 1.4kg or 9ft and 3-9kg or it's extremely underweight from info you've given.

Last edited by a moderator:
a two year old olive should be able to take a larger rat than a 250 grams.

I agree with this...
One of my MDs that is around 1.15kg takes Rats that are between 250-300g every 10 days and is only just on 15 monts old. As far as length goes I'd say she's 5 feet long.
Also got a Jungle that is 850g and will be 15 months old on the 29th. Has a 150-200g Rat every 10 days and the last shed was 175cm... So I'd say Around 4.5 - 5 feet long.

Just weighed my 2yr old Albino Male Olive he is 4.7kg's and approx 7-8ft long ( his last meal about 14 days ago was a 900gm Rabbit :)) hope he does him self proud with the big girl as she just weighed in at 12kg's and approx 10-11ft.

Last edited:
My female is 3 and pushing 9ft. would say she weighs around 7 or 8 kilos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back