My Carpet Python has lost his mojo, advice please

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by Endeavour, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endeavour

Endeavour Well-Known Member

I have a three year old male carpet python who has always been active and outgoing, he is still eating,shedding, and toileting fine. The issue is that over the last couple of months he has gone from being an outgoing snake to one who wants to hide away and seems to have lost interest in coming out of his vivarium.

I appreciate there is no definitive answer as to why this is happening but I would appreciate peoples opinions on this.

Many thanks

Endeavour

2. Herpo

Herpo Well-Known Member

Maybe a change in temperature discourages him from leaving, or he's going through a personality change. Mind you, I own a carpet python and before I got him, I did HEAPS of research on care and I find out that they are really picky. For example, a change in clothe washing powder thing (forgot what that's called), can make the snake mad. Try to monitor small changes that you've made recently, and if you can, go back to how it used to be just to see if that is what is wrong with you snake?

3. kitten_pheonix

kitten_pheonix Well-Known Member

If its 3yo then it's more than likely going through brumation coming up to winter. He will possibly refuse food as well. I highly recommend doing some reading on it

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  4. Endeavour

Endeavour Well-Known Member

We are approaching summer here in the UK though:)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the replies guys, any other ideas?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.