Nephrurus milii or Underwoodisaurus milii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareeves

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what its is now days Underwoodisaurus milii or Nephrurus milii and while we are at it whats the average age a geko lives for.

Its back to Underwoodisaurus. When Uvidicolus was erected as a genus for the Border Thick Tail, Underwoodisaurus had to be resurrected.
Longevity depends on the species, the environment and the husbandry.

Thanks Geckodan. I have a old H.G Cogger book so not all ways shaw what they are sometimes.

est of age would be 10 - 20 years, though it totally depends how they are kept and what species. If you turn them into egg machines and heat them 24/7 you can halve that estimate

Thanks JasonL i did not think they would live that long its grate to know and i will be happy with one bach of eggs a year from these guys i have. I also dont heat my guys they are keep in side the house which is relitevly warm in the winter. At this stage i am only keeping criters that come from the colder parts of Australia. With the cost of power now days i dont want power bills like I use to have back in the old days.

est of age would be 10 - 20 years, though it totally depends how they are kept and what species. If you turn them into egg machines and heat them 24/7 you can halve that estimate

Last edited:
Keep the male separate from the female if you dont want being raped nightly all spring summer long, keeping them together adds stress and stress shortens lives. He only needs a one week stay in spring for her to produce eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back