New Olive Python AT LAST

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krissy78

Reaction score
Well after starting my herp collection 5-6yrs ago I have finally got my Olive python a 6 month old female with a het male on the way too can't wait...

Pics once she arrives home.

Have fun. I don't think anything prepares you for an olive. A word of advice, they grow FAST. Ours was almost two metres long before it's second birthday. Good luck with the het, The only way I'd own an olive again would be if it was an albino

Gotta love the Olives :D
They do indeed grow fast, mine is 1.5 years old and she is 7 feet long and 2.1 kilos.
They are an absolutely amazing snake, good luck with breeding them!
Be sure to post some pics :D

oh yeah definately will, olives have been at the top of the wish list for years, just never had the room for 1

Olives are great, mine is about a year old and is very gentle and very active, he moves around more than all my other snakes do, he's very interesting to watch. Good luck with your new baby, looking forward to seeing the pics :)

View attachment 208501

Krissy78,Congratulations on getting your Olive Python's, l sure you will become very attached to them both as they grow, and you get to know them and they both get to know you as their keeper.

Like a few others have said they can grow very fast, one-day they will both be the same size to this one you see here in my photo, which is 12 foot long & 16 kilograms in weight, this use to be my very first female Olive Python that l got in July 2000 when she was 8 months old and 4 foot long.

l now own 4 Olive Python's which l got hold of on the 28th August 2010, 2 were collected on permit from the wild and the other 2 are captive breed by the same person that l got the 2 wild caught Olives from in Northern Territory.

l to love my Olive Python's and Woma's and could not see myself wanting to keep any other Australian Python's at all.

May l wish you the best of luck in raising your 2 Olive Python's and hope one-day you get to breed from them both.

Last edited:
wow they are some awesome looking olives, they have always been my favourite but was always a bit put of by the sheer size of them, but i caved today and purchased my first and am stoked can't wait to bring her home.
View attachment 208501

Krissy78,Congratulations on getting your Olive Python's, l sure you will become very attached to them both as they grow, and you get to know them and they both get to know you as their keeper.

Like a few others have said they can grow very fast, one-day they will both be the same size to this one you see here in my photo, which is 12 foot long & 16 kilograms in weight, this use to be my very first female Olive Python that l got in July 2000 when she was 8 months old and 4 foot long.

l now own 4 Olive Python's which l got hold of on the 28th August 2010, 2 were collected on permit from the wild and the other 2 are captive breed by the same person that l got the 2 wild caught Olives from in Northern Territory.

l to love my Olive Python's and Woma's and could not see myself wanting to keep any other Australian Python's at all.

May l wish you the best of luck in raising your 2 Olive Python's and hope one-day you get to breed from them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back