no exotics!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hix said:
However, if there are 10,000 exotics being bred in NSW in the past year, then I, too, would like to know what is happening to them all. The market in NSW cannot support a glut like that.

:p

Hix

The sale of all those exotics is taking money away from the legitimate breeder. Its definetely in the interests of legitimate breeders to get rid of the exotics. Or then again if you cant beat them, you can join them 8)

It doesn't in any way take money away from legitimate breeders, if someone wants a Ball python that is what they buy.

Nah it does actually. If they cant get a ball python, coz its illegal, then they get a native instead.

I have noticed that a couple of people have said that it should be permitted and that if the goverment is aware of those with permits to keep than we will be more on top of things.But as said by somebody else if this were to happen there is more of a chance for these animals to be released/escaped into our native inviroment.Please excuse me for jumping off track a bit but should we just axe all laws? I have heard drug users have the same point ,that heoine should be legal.Please we have these laws for a reason even if some do think they are doing little,they are doing something.
I am not ignorant to exotics in Australia ,but as said before those people can take the risk. I will not.

Hix said:
I hate to disagree with someone who has the same views as I do, but those numbers are underestimates.

My figures might be somewhat inaccurate but I'm sure my overall premise is correct.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back