painted dragon had eggs...help??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petadon

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to all of this so please correct me if im doing wrong I have just been given a painted dragon who has had 4 eggs do I leave them and let nature do its thing do I incubate them or?? Any help aopreciated

Dont turn the eggs, put them into a sealed tub filled with vermiculite. The vermiculite needs to be mixed with water at a 1:1 ratio.
Incubate at 30c and hope for the best.
They will die if left in the enclosure.

OK now I have that sorted I'm in a small country town will they be OK till morning as everything is now shut ;/

Bunnings sells vermiculite, its about 8 bucks.
They may be ok, if they start denting spray the substrate around them.
Remember dont turn them as the embrio detaches and kills them.
If these dont hatch out dont panic, the chances are your girl will lay another clutch in 30 days time when you are prepared.
Keep her well fed and dust the food with calcium as the eggs absorb it all.

Get a plastic tub, anything with a lid will do and tear up some newspaper. Slightly dampen the newspaper with a spray bottle (just a light spray, barely wet) and tuck it into the container, dont make it soggy or your eggs will mould.
Have the tub in your enclosure, not directly under the heat but kept warm and keep the dragons away from the eggs, its your best bet until the incubator and vermiculite is setup.
Got any pictures..?

- - - Updated - - -

one way to keep eggs damp is with damp paper on top
Beat me to it.

Didnt work, go to 'Go Advanced' then 'Manage attachments' then upload the picture, then click insert inline.

Fixed for you mate

Last edited:
They're pretty badly dried out mate, wouldn't say there's much hope with those, just keep her well fed and keep dusting her food with calcium and she should drop some more in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back