petition to stop live animal skinning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video is really really sick and disturbing! The thing that got to me the most was how it was still alive and trying to move after the rough removal of its skin! It is the most horrible thing I think I have seen in a very long time! Why did they just leave it there instead of putting it out of its misery? ARGH!

Just imagine if the got rid of animal rights here and said that its okay to do what you want - god what a horrid place it would turn in to
I like the fact that if I see someone doing something wrong to an animal I can call the RSPCA and have something done about it!

We have very little in way of animal rights in this country, actually; only native animals and pets are protected in any meaningful way - food animals are buggered. The RSPCA can only operate under the limits of the law, which allow factory farming of pigs and chickens, which includes de-beaking the chooks, and castration of male pigs without anaesthetic. Read Peter Singer and see what you think of animal welfare in Australia. I'm sorry mate, but we're just as bad anyone else when it comes down to it. Pigs are smarter than dogs, and we torture thousands and thousands of them for food. It's not necessary, it's just legal and cheap.

There are many problems in the world today, some of those are in our own country. If some one wants to fight for a specific cause or outcome to change one of those problems and I agrea with them, then I will support them. Especially if all i need to do is sign their petition.

There's no point complaining about all the other problems in the world when someone has addressed one of these problems and wants to make a change. I hear a lot of people complain about the problems we face today but very few actually get off the couch and do something about it.

If you think there are more important issues that need addressing then do something about it.

I must say though if people could see where our meat comes from and how it is prepared there would be a lot more veges.

Per

Sure!

I signed, theres too many idiots these days that are cruel to animals, by the way, (too much graphics on the homepage). I cant get that picture outa my head.

you said it not me!!, Im paying of a house and their is no way I would stoop to that level! and my diet is mainly veg, fruit and nuts! the chicken I have I know how it is killed! I dont eat maccas(crappy food and bad for you!). The people over there are just trying to make money but what they do is unexceptable as it is here they just have more of an excuse than we do!

no you said it ! but thats o.k. and if you have all the answers to solving the problems of the world . good for you .. hope you come up with a better idea then a petition . but really good luck with it im not for animal mistreatment but you need a reality check and the world you seem to live in. is not the same as mine and others.

no you said it ! but thats o.k. and if you have all the answers to solving the problems of the world . good for you .. hope you come up with a better idea then a petition . but really good luck with it im not for animal mistreatment but you need a reality check and the world you seem to live in. is not the same as mine and others.

Reality check?, dude I know what kind of a world we live in but I want to at least make an effort! if I had all the awnsers do you think it would still be bad? At least I dont just put it in the Too Hard Basket!. Im sure you had your reasons for killing animals unhumainly - all I am saying is that I think there is no reason to do it NO MATTER WHAT THE EXCUSE but every one has different morals and if the needs bad enough I guess people do all kind of things

Atleast shes posted this thread mate, doing something no matter how small is better than doing nothing.

I am a memeber of WSPA I see things like this all the time in thier newsletters, in some countries they hang dogs upside down and beat it before they kill it saying that the meat is more tender.
What about the bears they milk for bile, thats completely inhumane, yes they say it part of the culture but it only started to be pratciced a few generations ago, there are plenty of herbal remedies etc that do what they say bile does.
Our society is very unaware tho of the things we do, do you know we send cats and dogs over to asian countries by the thousand under title of pets (knowing full well what they are really going over for- the food industry)
It disgusts me the way they treat animals in certain counties when there is a more humane way of doing things.

the photo with the persons foot on the dog made me cry i couldnt cope watching it but im emailing it out to everyone and posting it now on some other forums

thanks bundy zigg

i think you need to remove that link , its very inapropreate for this site , there are lots of kids on here .
try to save the world if you must, but noone needs to have animals skined live rammed down there necks on a reptile site .go and tell PETA your probs and thay will tell you were no better here in aus

thepythonpit

its an animal site, bundy and others are just trying to get help with the petition

its not just a reptile site afterall theres sections for other animals

.... and.... she isnt giving the link to the video itself its a link to the site that the video is on

your right python king . hope all goes well . i know myself things can just seem hopless sometimes and you do just give up as there is just so many issues that are of concern . and if you worry about them all you will do your head in . .

and for the record bundy zigg im ashamed of having worked on a slaughter floor but felt i had no other choice for many reasons . and for the record i personaly tried to do whatever i could do as humainly as possible but yes ive been apart of it and for that im truely sorry .:(

-

i think you need to remove that link , its very inapropreate for this site , there are lots of kids on here .
try to save the world if you must, but noone needs to have animals skined live rammed down there necks on a reptile site .go and tell PETA your probs and thay will tell you were no better here in aus
Cant really agree with that.This is the internet and this footage and worse is accessable to all.
Censuring it here is not going to stop kids from seeing it and i dont think this thread is ramming images down anyones neck.
It's just another petition for ppl to sign which may or may not have any affect.
Personally, i prefer to support protests that are closer to my home.
If you can clean up your own backyard then hopefully other places will follow suit.
Think globally, act locally
David Suzuki

Again, well said Baz.
I was told about the video clip by a 12 year old kid before I came across the clip here.
My young nephew didn't mention petition. If the petition wasn't mentioned on this forum I would never taken any further interest in the issue.

Per

Im very sorry if I have upsat anyone regarding this, Maybe the site should have the ability to have an age cap on somethings so we dont have to miss out on an important topic like this because of kids who shouldnt see it. That is why I gave the link to the web site not the video because the video is there so show people who may not know that this is happeneing! it was the petition that was my main goal
so once again Im truly sorry for upsetting anyone!
Nat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back