Pond Journal: Turtle Pond Build Thread.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good Stipe! A couple of tips:
Ensure the sandy area is in the sun to assist in hatching of any eggs that are laid there.
Don't put plants near the fencing as they can use them to climb up and over.
An ant-cap arrangement on the inside of the fencing (along the top edge) will also help prevent escapes.
Allan
http://turtletownsydney.tripod.com/

Thanks for your comments guys,

Ensure the sandy area is in the sun to assist in hatching of any eggs that are laid there.
You don't have to worry there, i am moving out of hte house in two years and the turtles are only 2 years old.

Don't put plants near the fencing as they can use them to climb up and over.
An ant-cap arrangement on the inside of the fencing (along the top edge) will also help prevent escapes.

Yep got that nailed in my head, no plants near the fence. Ahh and ant-cap on the fence top,, hmm i got somethings to think about today when i go and get fencing.

Ok thanks guys.

That an awsome pond, they will luv it! Ant-cap on the fence is a good idea, if not that mayb sum mush netting ova the top, coz where im from we got lots of wild birds that would easily take a turtle wit no worries, maybe not in your area but just a thought

That pond is looking really good Stipe, 'm hoping to do the same thing in a couple of years, Excellent Planning. The only thing I wanted to ask is, is a netted area needed over the land area to stop felines/ big birds from attacking your turtles when they're out?

I know when I'm taking mine out for a walk I have to stay really close, the local birds are always looking out for a treat and some come very close and are very courageous even with yelling and stick throwing.:x

Good Job:)

Lookin good :)
Im only up at Blaxland and keep some of my ELN's out in a pond. I used antcap ontop of my fence, you would be suprised what a longneck can climb! Anyways you can look at some picks HERE and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
Good luck!

Lookin good :)
Im only up at Blaxland and keep some of my ELN's out in a pond. I used antcap ontop of my fence, you would be suprised what a longneck can climb! Anyways you can look at some picks HERE and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
Good luck!

Strange1 that pond is incredible. I'm trying to convince my parents to build a water feature at their place and those pics will be my argument..:D

Last edited:
Hi, im not Expansa but thanks anyways :p
This is stipe's thread though and he is doing a great job, I have only posted to give ideas if they are wanted :)

Thanls fpr the comments guys. Nah i got nothign to worry about the wild birds around here, all are pidgeons. Ive skipped on the ant-cap becuase the turtles are only around 15cm in diamiter and 1.5 years old. The fence is 400mm high. I am moving in 1.5 years to go to university (in year 12 right now.. not bad work for a 18 year old ay?)

Ok msot resent updates. I got the rocks i needed ande bought the timebr i needed for my fence. I started construction tonight and have finished. I am currently painting the fence and pics will be up tomorrow.

OMG Strange1 can you coem over and do my pond. I just got like 1000 ideas for decoration from your pond. It is a bloody stuner. Your turtles are definatly happy.

Thanls fpr the comments guys. Nah i got nothign to worry about the wild birds around here, all are pidgeons.

Maybe you'll have to put up something to stop the turtles getting crapped on when they're sunning in that case ;)

Ha, i need something to top me from getting crapped on.

Ok guys sorry for the delays. Pics will be up tomorrow 100%. The reason i dont have pictures is because my cockatiel hen just laid a clutch of eggs and decided to abandon them. So i had to quickly DIY an incubator and get them going. I will put pics of that up too, just to prove i want a lazy bum....

Ha sorry, i mean im not a lazy bum... oops.. Im in berala, next to lidcome and auburn. If anyoen has spare incubator with autoturn i would pay to borrow it.

hi mate the pond is looking great i want to make somthing just like that how is it going is it finished yet?

make sure there is a lil fence around it (not wire coz they damage their noses lol) at least 40 cm i think so they cant climb out.
Although....
what kind of turtle would be dumb enough 2 WANT 2 get away from that turtle paradise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back