Poopy Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Baby, the yearling Coastal had her first 'big' food, a weaner rat 7 days ago tonight, ad hasn't 'recycled' yet. She still looks a little chunky, but not lumpy like you know they do after a feed.

I'm not terribly worried yet, but am curious as to at what point I should consider giving her a warm bath to help her along?
Also, I think the warm bath is the way to go, or is there another treatment?

Is she due a shed? Mine always seem to hang on if they are close to shedding and then let go while shedding. Or alternatively you could feed her again. I don't think there is any problem or anything to worry about.

I think two weeks is around the worry point if she is not shedding. If she shows signs of shedding then as Gregory said, it's normal for them to hold it in. :D

Thanks Greg, but nope, not due for shed... did that just a little while before the last feed.
As I said, not worried now, more curious about when I should be and if a warm soak was the answer in tht situation... :)

Hi Nic

funnily I've just been through a similar problem (well not me exactly but Snap!) she had a big meal (for her at least of 2 rat pups and a weaner mouse) a few weekends ago and hadn't passed anything up to last weekend (about 2 weeks) she looked fine (whatever that means) so I fed her again last weekend (three more little'uns). I was beginning to get concerned until I got home on Tuesday evening and found a very fresh tripple poop pile. There was no evidence of constipation all looked just right. I can only assume that because she had a larger than normal feed she took longer to digest it (which makes sense) maybe just getting used to a larger volume. When she was on 1 weaner mouse per week she passed it in 4 days on average.
8)

Same Graham, for littler meals, eating 3 pups say, 4 days was the go.

Magpie, I missed your answer last time I looked at this post, but thanks, I'll keep an eye on her to see if and when we reach the two week mark. That answers my question, much appreciated. If anyone has a different answer, don't hesitate. Not that I doubt Magpie of course, just in the interests of getting a consensus view. :)

S'alright Nicole, considering my record for giving advice recently, I'd want confirmation before I'd listen to me too. :oops:

Awhhh :oops: You know I didn't mean it like that... :(
I appreciate all your advice Mags, keep it coming! :)

HI, Nicole, I don?t think you have to worried yet.
When Ruby had her first full-grown mouse, after fuzzies, she took about 10 days.
I think it was a bit of shock to the system, as she usually takes only about 4, maybe 5 days.
Ps. it also gets colder at night now as well, so not that much time to digest.

Thats reasuring for me too as I was getting worried about my new coastal, it's been almost two weeks since his last poop but hes getting very dull so hopfully it's just because he's about to shed. He had two fuzzies, then a week later, he had one more and hasnt gone since before the two fuzzies. Fingers crossed.
Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back