poor little whitey......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbellybite

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
this little fella got itself into some trouble ..he scared a little old lady by being in her bedroom last night ,she sprayed him with a toxic wasp spray ,so now is having baths for a few hours hope to dilute the toxins, I could smell it on the snake when i went and picked it up at 6.30am..she did this at midnight and didnt know where it was if it was even still inside , but it was hiding in her wardrobe and now is staying with me over night getting some 1st aid ...at the moment it seems ok and bathing it has seemed to make it alert and active ..wasnt real good early this morning :?
DSCF1385.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1410.jpg

DSCF1411.jpg

DSCF1412.jpg

wasnt the easiest to take pics of either .......

Whats the chance of any long term effects,all will the bathing help.Such awesome snakes..

hopefully no long term effects ...just checked and its still active so thats a good thing ...

Thats great,Well done,their should be more ppl out there like youself,doing such a wonderful job caring for all the wildlife...not just reptiles...

just checked on the little one ..its doing well,showing no signs of spasms which the rep vet at aussie zoo ,told me to look out for , so obviously the baths did the trick ...its now in a dry tub settling down and hope all is good so I can release tomorrow....

well whitey was all up and moving around this morning so obviously the poison was washed out by the amount of bathing that he had yesterday,am so greatful that this cute little elapid pulled through...will be releasing him today and hope he never encounters" WASP SPRAY" again ...last of the pics
in a loop
DSCF1414.jpg

DSCF1439.jpg

hand weaving
DSCF1432.jpg

close up of his head ...how could anyone hurt this beautiful little ven?

on the "chilli" rating its a mild chilli..................:) but to a skink its a hot hot hotty hot elapid.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back