Possible New Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kley

Reaction score
hey all, knocked up this stand for my knob tail gecko enclosure and I'm thinking about closing it in for a pair of pygmy beardies or some central beardies. my thoughts are to enclose the rear and one side by continuing the top boards down, door on the other side and a full pespex front. open to any suggestions and ideas before I start this project as it is in our living room and wanting it to look its best. (will be putting vents in the back)
also what should I do the base with? was thinking just ply and then waterproofing the bottom section.

cheers everyoneIMG_0118.JPG

better pic of the stand the day I built itIMG_7834[41].JPG

First of all, how big is it? It doesn't look big enough for either a central or pygmy beardie. Also, you should never keep multiple beardies together; not so sure with pygmies. Perspex is not such a good idea for beardies either. I bought some second hand tanks that had Perspex instead of glass, and they got very scratched from the claws.
Just my thoughts. Nice stand by the way. Ply would be fine, as long as it is well sealed.

700w x 490d x 890h are the dimensions, the pygmys that I'm getting are a pair and have been living in the same enclosure for a few seasons now so I think they will continue to be fine together. the centrals I have had nothing to do with before and will all be hatchies but if its not recommended to keep them together ill do something else for them. yeh I have never liked Perspex for that reason but because the bottom board is 115mm high it should only be the very bottom that would get scratched and that will have a 50mm board on the outside as trim so hoping its going to work out for me, also will be made to do a quick change if necessary. what would be ideal enclosure size for centrals? not minimum but ideal size?

We've always kept solitary centrals in 1200 wide (4 ft) by 500 wide
I have heard pygmies are more tolerant of each other but have never kept them. Dragonlover1 breeds them and is more knowledgeable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yeh righto would 600 high be high enough? I like to build to common material sizes to reduce waste and was thinking 1200w by 1800h by 450d and splitting into 3 cages 600h each if you understand what I'm saying, 1 solid structure 3 enclosures high

600 high is fine; 450 is on the small side, but if you provide plenty of vertical area to climb on, you should be ok. Rocks, branches, vines, etc. all make excellent use of the vertical space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back