Pregnant blue tongue?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipsylama

Reaction score
Hey all.

This year was my first year with a pair of blue tongues that actually get along, over the past month or so my "female" has put on nearly twice as much weight which has got me thinking that she may be pregnant

Male blotched blue tongue.
male is 45cm with a head length of 7cm.
8360902688_771feaff62.jpg

female blotched blue tongue
Female is 41cm with a head length of 5cm
8360903170_90b37caea7.jpg

As you can see the female is alot larger then the male(weight wise) but she eats 2-3 times less then him.
Heres a side by side shot, but its not very good as the both just wanted to run away, picture doesn't do her size justice :\
Blue tongue pair.
8359840939_16ee53f68c.jpg

She's obviously the bottom one, so what do you think? pregnant or not?

possibly pregnant.... when did she last eat ?? & is her breathing laboured ??

Last time i witnessed her eat would have been about a week and a half ago as shes been hiding from this abnormal heat we have had of late, as for the breathing i have not noticed anything different than usual then again its not something i have really been looking at.

Definitely check her breathing as is a good sign.... Often the tail goes a bit thinner as the pregnancy develops as the mum uses condition off her tail for neonate development.

Good luck !!!

Ok i'll check her breathing tomorrow and report back.

- - - Updated - - -

The females breathing is less frequent then the males and it seems a lot heavier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back