Real or Fake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know id feel the same way if it was a dog also
yea i wouldn't , whilst i know what your saying and a dog bite can be nasty being bitten on the face by a snake of that size then coiled is alot worse , and whilst i cant say that there isnt an army of large men behind the camera if theirs only a few hands on board she could very easily die before they manage to over power the snake ( im not trying to make out like snakes are bad btw :) ) these sorts of snakes should be treated with alot of caution , letting your guard down with that sort of animal will always be dangerous and she cleary did just that by letting her face get within cm if not mm of the snakes mouth

and then theirs the fact that a dog is alot easier to read in terms of mood than a snake , and yes some dogs can be wagging their tail then snap at a drop of a hat but the majority arnt like that and if it is a little timid then of coarse keep your distance , where as snakes are alot more unpredictable then dogs and always will be no matter what the snakes history or general mood

Pretty crazy that u cant buy an alcoholic beverage in america til youre 21(not that Im assuming this guy is american) but u can walk into a pet shop at 18 and take one of these home.

Pretty crazy that u cant buy an alcoholic beverage in america til youre 21(not that Im assuming this guy is american) but u can walk into a pet shop at 18 and take one of these home.

In fairness though, thousands of Burmese, Reticsm, Anacondas and other huge snakes like African Rocks are kept in Europe and North America and the actual serious incidents are minimal to almost non existant. Of course commonsense has to be used but that applies to everything.

German pretty sure

- - - Updated - - -

yea i wouldn't , whilst i know what your saying and a dog bite can be nasty being bitten on the face by a snake of that size then coiled is alot worse , and whilst i cant say that there isnt an army of large men behind the camera if theirs only a few hands on board she could very easily die before they manage to over power the snake ( im not trying to make out like snakes are bad btw :) ) these sorts of snakes should be treated with alot of caution , letting your guard down with that sort of animal will always be dangerous and she cleary did just that by letting her face get within cm if not mm of the snakes mouth

and then theirs the fact that a dog is alot easier to read in terms of mood than a snake , and yes some dogs can be wagging their tail then snap at a drop of a hat but the majority arnt like that and if it is a little timid then of coarse keep your distance , where as snakes are alot more unpredictable then dogs and always will be no matter what the snakes history or general mood

there have been more dog bites to the face than snake bites https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...w&biw=1600&bih=764&sei=-wdwUMnJOo6UiQeM9IGYBQ and im sure they do alot more damage my daughter was minding her own business when a dog came up to her and just bit her in the face just missed her eyes got the socket under her eye and top of her lip lucky it was a small ish dog just saying any animal is never truly safe!

maybe a gold fish :p

Last edited:
German pretty sure

- - - Updated - - -

there have been more dog bites to the face than snake bites https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...w&biw=1600&bih=764&sei=-wdwUMnJOo6UiQeM9IGYBQ and im sure they do alot more damage my daughter was minding her own business when a dog came up to her and just bit her in the face just missed her eyes got the socket under her eye and top of her lip lucky it was a small ish dog just saying any animal is never truly safe!

maybe a gold fish :p

your talking about superficial wounds , im talking about being crushed by a huge snake , bit of a difference , all i meant was that the animal can kill you very quickly if it decides to for some reason coil you up , it has happened with big snakes before and putting your face so close to ones mouth a a little stupid and is obviously letting your guard down with the animal which shouldn't be done imo , do you agree :)

your talking about superficial wounds , im talking about being crushed by a huge snake , bit of a difference , all i meant was that the animal can kill you very quickly if it decides to for some reason coil you up , it has happened with big snakes before and putting your face so close to ones mouth a a little stupid and is obviously letting your guard down with the animal which shouldn't be done imo , do you agree :)

yes i agree but its the same with any animal people have dogs around little children and it wouldnt take much to kill them either. there have been more deaths from dog attacks than people being crushed to death by snake the possibility of that happning is much less than that of your average household pet mauling you to death

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

ps i enjoy our discussions lmao agree to disagree on this one? or fight to the death hahahahah

its only a friendly debate :) agree to disagree , i do get your points though and can totally agree in some ways but still letting your face get so close to an animal like that is a dangerous thing to do although in a lot of ways just owning one can be but doing that is definitely letting your guard down which i just don't think you should do with any large python that is capable of what those things can do

and now im rambling on about the same points enough aps for me tonight ;):D

its only a friendly debate :) agree to disagree , i do get your points though and can totally agree in some ways but still letting your face get so close to an animal like that is a dangerous thing to do although in a lot of ways just owning one can be but doing that is definitely letting your guard down which i just don't think you should do with any large python that is capable of what those things can do

and now im rambling on about the same points enough aps for me tonight ;):D

yeah go to bed rambler ;) lol i get what ya saying but those snakes should stay in the wild or zoos where you have proper training and safety precautions it would be like someone owning a lion in their back yard
xx in calling it a night now too :)

They have an almost identical snake to that (slightly smaller) at Australia Zoo, albino burmese.

I would suggest that the pic is real but very carefully staged. If the guy has any brains, he is not really sleeping and he has a few mates behind the camera ready to try thier best to save him from the snake if it decides he looks fit for "python consumption" :lol:

Cool photo, Beautiful snake :shock::)

View attachment 267064

View attachment 267065

Frog and snake 100512 091.jpg

Attachments

• Frog and snake 100512 090.jpg
    Frog and snake 100512 090.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Frog and snake 100512 093.jpg
    Frog and snake 100512 093.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Frog and snake 100512 096.jpg
    Frog and snake 100512 096.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Not everything in the media and politics is exactly right, most sensible sources pinpoint the Burms getting established in the Everglades due to Hurricane Andrew in 92 when a breeder on the edge of the Everglades had 900 babies essentially blown in there. Even today the numbers are very vague, estimated between 10,000 to 150,000 which if I put on Freshman paper would be laughed at. The most recent numbers are even worse due to some cold snaps there which killed even natives and is thought to have devastated exotics there.

It does make a good news story though. "Man eating pythons infest swamp..."

I only point it out as generally there is a lot of myth around about such topics and politicians and others are very quick to use such information against reptile keepers everywhere. And just to throw it in once more, the actual documented incidents with these large snakes is minimal since record keeping began. I only know of half a dozen or so and of those 50% are iffy anyway. Again commonsense is always needed (agreed it is a nicely staged pic) but how many people have really been crushed and or eaten by a python?

Last edited:
yeah go to bed rambler ;) lol i get what ya saying but those snakes should stay in the wild or zoos where you have proper training and safety precautions it would be like someone owning a lion in their back yard
xx in calling it a night now too :)
yes the rambler did finish his rum and off to bed ;) , exactly though , their the sort of animal that only people with a bit of experience and the common sense to deal with them should have them so im glad their not allowed here as i know few idiots myself that would think its cool to let a snake of that size cruise around their house un attended or put their face up to it ;)

They are simply gorgeous
We have found 4 albino Burmese in Bali
One was run over and died shortly afterwards
Quite a few APS people have met one of the others
Last two were in the last few weeks
Both very young and very different in colour with the smaller one nearly all yellow and white
Other is orange yellow and pink with fantastic markings
All from the same area so must have been either an escapee a few years ago or a natural albino that lived to breed more than once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back