Reptiles of Frazer Island

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gocada

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, in the next few weeks i'll be off to Frazer island for a little vacation and would like to know what are some of the reptiles they find on the island, i already know Lace monitors are abundant, but never heard much about dragons, snakes, skinks, and geckos?

We had one student on a 2nd year field ecology course (couple of years back) to Fraser pick up a death adder with his hands and put it in a cardboard box because he didn't want anyone to stumble across it in the showers/toilet block...

Seems to have missed Egernia rugosa, Emydura macquarii(nigri) and Dendrelaphis punctulatis from the list.

Supposedly adders are fairly common. Fraser Island is one of my fav places. I used to camp there quite a bit. Wish I was closer these days. Have fun! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ps: Sorry, I see it was mentioned earlier. I'm about 15 minutes late to every post this evening :lol:

Thanks guys, sounds amazing and i cant wait to get there, hopefully i will get some good pictures!

Peter,

Have you seen yakka skinks there?

Cheers
scott

Peter,

Have you seen yakka skinks there?

Cheers
scott

Only the one time Scott, in the undergrowth at the top end of the campsite at Lake Mckenzie. Would have been about 1992. They definitely weren't frerei

Interesting when I get over there I will keep an eye out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back