Ridge Tailed Monitor Enclosure Build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when they fight, I separate them when they do fight. The female bites the other on the neck and it could be a very serious injury, it could even choke the little male out. Do you reckon it's better just to leave them to sort it out for themselves? The male never fights back...
Heres a pic i just took of the two, the male is on the right. And female is on the left..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 140
Nice shots, they seem to be pretty active little guys.

Do you by any chance know what age they reach breeding maturity? I'm looking at getting some myself some and haven't been able to find that in my readings.

I believe they can breed at around 15cm snout to vent, around 8 months. If it happens it happens. A lot of people just let them be an if they do at this age it is normally fine. This is just what I have heard so don't quote me.

Rick

I hate it when they fight, I separate them when they do fight. The female bites the other on the neck and it could be a very serious injury, it could even choke the little male out. Do you reckon it's better just to leave them to sort it out for themselves? The male never fights back...
Heres a pic i just took of the two, the male is on the right. And female is on the left..

I wouldn't separate unless they are causing major damage. It is just how they work out who is boss.

It is only one of mine that dominates the other two at the moment, I'm sure this is likely to change come breeding size and age.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back