Show us your scorpions:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXExplodexX

Reaction score
I just want to see different scorpions and different design enclosure.Thinking of getting my self one:) (Sorry if there is already thread about this)

Last edited:
I have 2 Blackrock Scorpions (male and female) and 1 male Desert Scorpion called Franky.

Male Blackrock
3096EDCC-F244-4260-A9F5-ABF1A67298C2-16649-00001E6015F8CBC7.jpg

Female Blackrock
4EFA58DE-1D5F-4F58-AD58-0FA5D4B7A558-16649-00001E601030CF10.jpg

Male Desert (Franky)
AF9E2B4D-6C02-4FBF-99F7-23810944B2D8-5086-0000096E74674A0E.jpg

7CC39E89-5550-4C62-9A25-537FC867D03A-5086-0000096E7D4BD359.jpg

And here's their setups.
BE26495E-71CF-452B-ACBA-1D62AAB1E45B-16660-00001E610E2FF295.jpg

scorpions creep me out.... i want one.
what are the side effects of getting stung by a weakly venomous one?
(all scorpions are venomous right?)

In aus there are no scorpions that have strong enough venom to kill us though if you are allergic you may have a server reaction so you really can't say I was stung by my Elo didn't feel much more than local pain and swelling

Check me out in YouTube (username: TheReptileben

Is that just gravel or moisture beads at the very bottom of the enclosures?

I kept a few Flinders Range ones, and a couple of Black Rocks for awhile. They are all actually quite docile to be honest. Unless you squeezed the daylights out of them I don't believe they can be bothered trying to sting you.

Some cool setups in this thread ;)

VERY tempted to get a Flinders Ranges scorpion very soon, I have a huge 50lt fish bowl that I'm thinking of turning into a scorpion bowl, with some rocks and a few cacti in.
May be a silly question but I don't know much about them, but can they climb glass at all? The bowl is 40cm high and has a decent curve to it, just wondering if I'll have to put a lid on it or not...

Is that just gravel or moisture beads at the very bottom of the enclosures?

It's glass beads, they came with the tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

VERY tempted to get a Flinders Ranges scorpion very soon, I have a huge 50lt fish bowl that I'm thinking of turning into a scorpion bowl, with some rocks and a few cacti in.
May be a silly question but I don't know much about them, but can they climb glass at all? The bowl is 40cm high and has a decent curve to it, just wondering if I'll have to put a lid on it or not...

They can't climb glass, but if you have a cat, or you want to hold more moisture in, then you might want a lid.

i kept mine in one of those critter keeper things. she got big and fat but died when she was about 1 1/2. what is the life span of a black rock?

should easily be 10+ years if kept correctly problem is most are wild caught as adults so age is unknown
i normally collect sub adults and sell them after the final moult to adulthood
They take up to 6 or so years to get to adults
biggest mistake people make is keeping them on dry sand

I mix washed sydney sand and coir peat roughly 50:50, slightly more sand for desert sp, and more coir for tropical sp

Does it need to be re-moistened much/often?

The setup I use allows you add water directly to the bottom of the substrate, this lets the scorpion dig to whichever depth has the perfect amount of moisture for it. It takes a long time for the water to evaporate, because it has to pass through all the substrate first.

So if you use a setup like this, then no, you don't have to add moisture very often, but if you're using a thin layer of substrate then you will need to spray it down every time it starts to dry up.

The setup I use allows you add water directly to the bottom of the substrate, this lets the scorpion dig to whichever depth has the perfect amount of moisture for it. It takes a long time for the water to evaporate, because it has to pass through all the substrate first.

So if you use a setup like this, then no, you don't have to add moisture very often, but if you're using a thin layer of substrate then you will need to spray it down every time it starts to dry up.

Was planning a good 8 - 10cm of substrate so there is floor space in the bowl for the setup I want, is that sufficient depth or do they ideally require more?

Was planning a good 8 - 10cm of substrate so there is floor space in the bowl for the setup I want, is that sufficient depth or do they ideally require more?

That will be fine, the photos of my setups have 10cm of substrate in them. If you can fit more, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back