Albino or not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scar_gren

Reaction score
I am looking to get my first snake and have been told and read that a stimpsons python would be the best species to get. Are there any temperament differences between an albino and non albino thay I would need to take into consideration when purchasing one?

Last edited:
No difference , most pythons have similar attitudes as humans. Some are sweet, some are pricks.
But most Antaresia are fairly chill, I have Childreni,Stimsoni and Maculosa, who are usually placid,. Albino or normal makes no difference, Darwins are a fairly laidback snake as well

I am looking to get my first snake and have been told and read that a stimpsons python would be the best breed to get. Are there any temperament differences between the two that I would need to take into consideration?
You ask about the differences between 'the two' but don't say which species you're comparing to (there is no such thing as a snake breed by the way, at least not yet - breeds, species, subspecies and morphs are all different things, breeds are selectively bred forms of the same species created by humans, such as different breeds of dogs or chickens or cows, but those breeds are of the same species, such as a Dalmatian being the same species as a Poodle).

If you're comparing Stimson's to other Antaresia, there's basically no difference in temperament. Stimson's are just a subspecies of Children's Python, just a Children's Python with a different paint job. Spotted Pythons are slightly larger but otherwise much the same especially when it comes to handling/temperament. If you're comparing a Stimson's to an 'albino', albino doesn't refer to any particular species, there are albinos in Antaresia, Carpet Pythons and others. Albinism doesn't change the behaviour, just the skin colour, just like changing the paint job of your car won't alter its performance or mechanical situation at all.

You ask about the differences between 'the two' but don't say which species you're comparing to (there is no such thing as a snake breed by the way, at least not yet - breeds, species, subspecies and morphs are all different things, breeds are selectively bred forms of the same species created by humans, such as different breeds of dogs or chickens or cows, but those breeds are of the same species, such as a Dalmatian being the same species as a Poodle).

If you're comparing Stimson's to other Antaresia, there's basically no difference in temperament. Stimson's are just a subspecies of Children's Python, just a Children's Python with a different paint job. Spotted Pythons are slightly larger but otherwise much the same especially when it comes to handling/temperament. If you're comparing a Stimson's to an 'albino', albino doesn't refer to any particular species, there are albinos in Antaresia, Carpet Pythons and others. Albinism doesn't change the behaviour, just the skin colour, just like changing the paint job of your car won't alter its performance or mechanical situation at all.
I'm sorry Sdaji

I am sorry I have edited my thread. I meant to state are there any differences in temperament between an albino and non albino Stimpsons python.

Back