Snake bites man at Melbourne home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to me a ranger would shoot the snake given that it is illegal. What's he going to do when another one turns up and he's not there. Not anyone with a shotty. Pathetic

You have to also understand that Steve is talking about outlying communities
Most of these are a long way from any medical help especially during the wet season
If someone did get hit by a taipan they would probably die if envenomated

Its a very different case to being close to Melbourne with full medical easily reachable in a short time
This would have been a definite consideration for the ranger mentioned by Steve
Also 99% of native Australians are basically terrified of all snakes, quite possibly including this ranger, who may have exactly zero knowledge about capture and relocation techniques

Without knowing the entire story I find it hard to criticise him too much

Rare stinging snake found under mat ... lol

Bumblebee stingerii undermatorsaurius

'
The family of the man worked smartly by providing him with a tourniquet while waiting for the paramedics to arrive.''The snake which stung the man is identified as tiger snake. The incident took place in the afternoon, yesterday, when the man lifted the door mat. As the snake got disturbed by the sudden movement, it stung the man as a defense.'

"which was hiding under the door mat of the man"

"The man who became the victim of the bite of the snake is said to be of 42 years old."

" As his family provide him with timely first aid, his condition was stabilized and was taken to Frankston Hospital, where he received the immediate treatment."

I guess grammer and an understanding of English isn't really a pre-req to become a Journo in "UN ZUD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back