Snake In Bedroom

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The townhouse I am in has a spare room and that is where I keep my coastal carpet python, but we are getting another roommate in so they are going to use that room, so I was thinking of moving my python into my partner and I's bedroom. My question is, will my python be affected by the lights in the room, the sound of the TV, or any possibly deodorants used in the bathroom polluting the air it breathes (we are in the ensuite)? The snake will only be living in it's enclosure in my room until around November when my lease runs out and I plan to find an actual house where I can have a room for my animals.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Last edited:
I would spray deoderant in a different room or even outside if it is close to your enclosure but otherwise your snake should be fine.

i have 5 in my room for about 4 years with not a problem at all,it will be fine..

Just make sure you have decent ventilation in the room.
I don't think your g/f will appreciate the smell of snake poo lingering.

I have my woma in mine and my partner's room. We don't have a TV in there but my snake seems content enough. I haven't had a problem with smell but he's still fairly small and his tank gets cleaned whenever he poops. Do you use a heat globe or CHE? I had to change from a red heat light to a CHE because my partner got annoyed with the light going on and off during the night.

yeah just keep the che or a heatmat connected to the thermostat.

my snake is next to my tv.. stargazes in to the telly when its on. You could almost swear that she is watching.. maybe she just likes the flashing colours.. i try to spray deo and aftershave out the door a bit but ive never had any dramas..

My MD is in my bedroom and has been since I got him, and never a problem.
I have the tv & radio on at times, I read most nights with the light on, but I don't spray anything in here.
I did used to cover the front of the enclosure at night, but I don't anymore.
Occasionally he will wake me up at night when he's fallen off the light cage with a thud, and his enclosure is cleaned straight away when he's pooped.

I have my GTPs and their plants in my room. Everyone is eating, pooping and shedding well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back