Snake Repellents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiggz

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick enquiry to see what experience people have had with commercial snake repellent products or the like?

Are they effective?

Any and all feedback is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Lol id like to know who on this forum wouldn't want snakes on there property! :p I have no experience but I'd suspect there probably just like shark repellents, useless. Probably best to try reduce attracting them in the first place. Cut your grass, no bits or iron or tin or pallets and things laying around for them to crawl under and not having left over dog or cat and the likes food outside that may attract vermin. Sorry I cant answer your question tho.

just for a "what the hell lets try it thing" a m8 of mine was having a lot of browns visiting his backyard coz of the finches and cockateels he breeds so he bought a couple from some internet shopping site, i told him to bring them here and see what it did with my big coastal, "IN 1 WORD NOTHING" in fact she coiled up around it like a play toy, i had heard they were BS but this just proved it.................Ron

My great aunt lives on a big property in QLD and spent quite a bit if money installing snake repellents around the house yard and the horse stables. Anyhow last time I was there I took her whippet for a walk and found a brown snake quite happily slithering along next to one. Just goes to show someone somewhere came up with the bs product and marketed it using peoples fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back