Snake with foot found in China

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

Published On: 9-14-2009
Source Site: Telegraph

Dean Qiongxiu, 66, said she discovered the reptile clinging to the wall of her bedroom with its talons in the middle of the night.

"I woke up and heard a strange scratching sound. I turned on the light and saw this monster working its way along the wall using his claw," said Mrs Duan of Suining, southwest China.

Mrs Duan said she was so scared she grabbed a shoe and beat the snake to death before preserving its body in a bottle of alcohol.

The snake – 16 inches long and the thickness of a little finger – is now being studied at the Life Sciences Department at China's West Normal University in Nanchang.

Snake expert Long Shuai said: "It is truly shocking but we won't know the cause until we've conducted an autopsy."

Go to Original Article

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Published On: 15-Sep-09 06:50 AM
Source: digg
Category: General Sciences

A snake with a single clawed foot has been discovered in China, according to reports.

HbWaZJG8S2M

Go to digg Page

The next 'step' (hehe) in snake evolution?

It's obvious that it's just eaten something too large and the foot belong to the prey item sticking out through the body of the snake...

I don't know how accurate it is but the Life in cold blood series claimed that snakes lost their feet as the evolved. Hence the flaps found on some snakes and legless lizards etc.... so this would be an evolution step backwards....
Still i'm treating it as a fake until proven otherwise............

its just like two headed animals and animals with 6 legs, in guiness book of records 2008; check it out.

I'm with Jonno on this one. Its even obvious that the leg is facing the wrong way which would make perfect sense if the animal was eaten head first.

Sorry to sound like a cynic, but I have to say I doubt it is even the foot/leg of a prey item, just looks like a badly photoshopped pic to me.

Snake born with hand shocks scientists

Published On: 9-16-2009
Source: ninemsn,

An elderly Chinese woman who discovered a snake with a clawed hand protruding from its body was so scared she beat it to death, according to reports.

Xiu Qiong Duan, 68, told the SINA Beijing news agency she woke up in the middle of the night to find the snake clinging to the wall of her bedroom.

"I woke up and heard a strange scratching sound ... at first I thought it was thieves" she said.

"I turned on the light and saw this monster working its way along the wall using his claw."

Ms Duan, from Suining in southwest China, said she then grabbed a shoe and beat the snake to death.

She reportedly preserved its body in a bottle of alcohol which she gave to the Life Sciences Department at China's West Normal University in Nanchang.

Snake expert Long Shuai said the discovery of the creature, which is 40cm long and the thickness of a little finger, was "truly shocking".

"We won't know the cause until we've conducted an autopsy," she said.

Go to Original Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back