Some recent nocturnal/diurnal Herps.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Had some hot weather last month with overnight lows in around 20 degrees and days up to 36, pretty good for August.
So went on a night drive and found 2 snakes, also a few diurnal's from around the place.

Also just returned from Fraser Island and saw a bit of wildlife but will post those pics another time.
Picture034.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture065-1.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture058-1.jpg

Never a good sight
Picture056.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture053-1.jpg

Picture050-2.jpg

Didn't get much time to photograph this one, managed to pull it off the road before a big truck came roaring through but left my car parked on the road so had to rush.
Picture044-1.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture055-2.jpg

Also pleased to discover my new house is plagued with these guys rather than Asian House Geckos
Picture061-1.jpg

Where the unwanted rats go
Picture070.jpg

Dan,

Looks like a great start to the year. Green Tree Snakes always put on such a good show.

The Bandy Bandy was very nice. They are such interesting snakes and always remind me of the Asian Kraits.

Regards,
David

that tree snake is great guns , kookaburra wait for you to put them out for him or did he steal one?

I enjoy seeing pictures like that, and what type of snake is the first one?
Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Fraser Is.

Great pic's, the Green Tree is a beauty, is the dragon a Nobbi Dragon (Amphibolurus nobbi)?
Nice Burton's it's a shame it was ran over. And all the other herps are great.
Thanks Tim.

Dan,

Looks like a great start to the year. Green Tree Snakes always put on such a good show.

The Bandy Bandy was very nice. They are such interesting snakes and always remind me of the Asian Kraits.

Regards,
David

They're beautiful snakes aren't they, I'm yet to see one put on a display for me though!

that tree snake is great guns , kookaburra wait for you to put them out for him or did he steal one?

Na I gave it to it after my Carpet didn't take it.

I enjoy seeing pictures like that, and what type of snake is the first one?
Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Fraser Is.

1st one is a Green Tree Snake

Great pic's, the Green Tree is a beauty, is the dragon a Nobbi Dragon (Amphibolurus nobbi)?
Nice Burton's it's a shame it was ran over. And all the other herps are great.
Thanks Tim.

Yea it is a Nobbi

looks like it is going to be an exellent season for herping :D
good start Dan, nice post

cheers HK.

Looks like you had a awesome time Dan,some excellent pictures also..Love the Green Tree snake,they are stunning snakes...the carpet looks like a big old beast..its ashame seeing anything dead on the road,especially Burtons...

Man turtle picture is cool I wish we had somewhere around here that had heaps of turtles dam cold climate oh well nice pics tree python is awesome

A beautiful Green Tree snake there Dan, excuse my ignorence but what type of Gecko is that? Shame about the Burtons I hate seeing things killed on the road...:(

Barry :D :D

Nice to have Robust Velvets on your house, the only worse thing than seeing a dead herp is when you realise you did it yourself.... I accidently trod on a scaley foot last week that was in the middle of the track... not good.

A beautiful Green Tree snake there Dan, excuse my ignorence but what type of Gecko is that? Shame about the Burtons I hate seeing things killed on the road...:(

Barry :D :D

Robust Velvet Gecko

Nice to have Robust Velvets on your house, the only worse thing than seeing a dead herp is when you realise you did it yourself.... I accidently trod on a scaley foot last week that was in the middle of the track... not good.

That would have been horrible! I have run over a Green Tree Snake once, right on the head so it didn't suffer but I was kicking myself for it, I always drive extra slow in bushy areas now. And also I may have clipped a juvie Eastern Brown, but if I didn't the 3 cars behind me did a good job of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back